• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Forum performance survey

How has the XenForo 2.x forum performance been for you, compared to the old (XF 1.5) forum?

• About the same

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • A little slower, when posting and navigating

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • A lot slower, sometimes a lengthy pause

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Actually feels a little faster

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nathan

Administrator
Staff member
Real Person
Male
Now that we are all up-to-date on the forum (and at the main website now too - biblicalfamilies.org), we are wondering what your experience is, if you used both old and new forums. There may be some performance tuning we can do - or we may have to spring for a much more expensive hosting plan to get noticeably better performance. If you have crappy internet for everything, then you may want to sit this one out. :)

It's a little slower. It's nothing intolerable but a little slower is all.

Mine seems to be up and down. Sometimes there is a funny lag, other times it snaps right to the requested page. Haven't paid attention to surrounding context to see if it is on my end or me not using shortest circuit. I will say, I love the updates and believe as it is tweaked and improved it will be substantially better.

I think more often than not, there is no more latency than I would expect, or perhaps only a tiny bit. But other times, like when I clicked on the link to this thread, I think it took better than three seconds for the "New posts" list to disappear and this page to begin rendering.

Thank you @nathan!

My only "complaint" is that it is no longer familiar. A problem that only time and continued participation can resolve.

I am sure it is a positive change, and my particular "complaint" is of course not going to bother anyone new.

With the buttons remaining always at the top of the page it’s actually faster, significantly so I think. I don’t have to scroll all the way back up to go back to the main forum page.

The only problem I've encountered is that when I close the page, it logs me off - but only on my pc, not my phone. When I want to access the BF site, I have to log on manually on my pc.

Totally not important but, I think it’s good that the lady’s forum is locked to men but then it shows up on my new posts page.

Totally not important but, I think it’s good that the lady’s forum is locked to men but then it shows up on my new posts page.
I don't think I can help that sorry. If you can view them, they'll appear in "new posts", because they're something new you can view.

Locked forums are usually for things like staff announcements - things you actually want people to see and read even though they can't reply. We're using the system a little differently with the gentlemen and ladies only forums, but the software still works the same.

We're using the system a little differently with the gentlemen and ladies only forums, but the software still works the same.
There's certainly nothing wrong with treating men and women differently.

Any change was less than the speed variability in my slow net connection so it's all good.

Nice clean look. Some of the changes though will take getting used to.

Back