• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Gabe intro!

gtcoastie07

Male
Hello from "partly sunny" Western Washington! My name is Gabriel but I mostly go by Gabe. So please, feel free. My wife’s name is Kaylen and hopefully she’ll be introducing herself soon. Like most people who introduce themselves, this isn't my first day on the BF site. I have been reading your amazingly candid words for quite some time but could never get myself to jump in. As an aside, I would like to thank you all for giving voice to what many people find prohibitively difficult to even think about. I am amazed at the amount of heavenly grace I have found here. I give you and the Holy Spirit the credit for finding the courage to write these words. Where are we with regards to PM? Well, so far we’ve both accepted its biblical legitimacy. Now we’re in the process of deciding whether or not it’s for us. I’m sure I’ll be posting our story in a more appropriate forum but for the time being, Hello! I look forward to speaking to as many of you as possible.

Welcome Gabe!

This forum is fantastic isn't it. I'm glad you're enjoying it so much. I'm also delighted to hear that you and your wife are on the same page!

As for deciding if it's for you or not, keep in prayer about it. Perhaps God will show you now that it's something He wants/doesn't want for you, but He may just send someone your way in 10 years time that's the perfect fit for your family so no need to rush on that decision for sure.

I look forward to reading your posts and getting to know you better.

Welcome Gabe.

I spent a third of my life in Reedsport, on the Oregon coast, and still have lots of family in the Portland area. Perhaps we'll meet sometime when I'm out that way.

I second Sarah's advice. Relax and enjoy the journey. Chances are that the very fact of being open to PM will enhance your existing relationship since your wife is on board. Expect adventures!

Followinghim2 and Cecil,
Thank you very much for the warm welcome. It's very comforting to see that there are other people with a PM mentality. In fact, one of my tasks is locating a place where my wife and I can fellowship with other PM folks. That really does seem to be a major element of success. Coming to the realization that, were we to chose to follow this path, we could end up secluded or austrosized weighs heavily on us; especially my wife. But, we're in no rush and wholly dependent on the Lord's guidance, so, our motto is "light the path Lord, and we'll walk it!"

Welcome Gabe, from the partly sunny western side of Washington! We too are in the area. In particular, we live on the Kitsap peninsula. My wife is on here as well (Diener), though not so much these days, and we both recognize the legitimacy of polygyny as a biblical form of marriage. We've gone a little further and decided it was for us and pursued it, then we took a step back, then took another step forward, and lastly took another step back. Now we wait to see what our Lord will do with our hearts on the matter.

As it turns out, the biggest issue for us also seems to be the self-imposed exile that would result from pursuing PM; and in our case this is also an especially sensitive issue for my wife. However, perhaps a close second for my wife is the idea of sharing me, and this was a surprise to both of us since she was initially very enthusiastic. It seems that as theory became reality, a feeling of loss and despair waxed as the joyful desire for a godly sister-wife waned. This took my lovely bride by surprise as she describes in: http://www.biblicalfamilies.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3424&p=34741#p34741.

In any case, I'm very happy to see you hear on BF, and hope that perhaps you might be interested in meeting with us if you're near enough to do so conveniently.

Best Regards,
Steven

You are very welcome here, the more the merrier! And we too lurked for a while and read a LOT before getting up the courage to post, so that's not at all unusual! I too am very happy to hear your wife is on-board with the idea, learning this together will most likely give you a reason to have deep and meaningful discussions that will draw you ever closer together, that's our experience so far. It's great to find a bunch of people willing to just read and believe the Bible rather than trying to ignore the "tricky" bits, and that's what you've found here. I look forward to discussing God's word with you.

gtcoastie07 said:
Coming to the realization that, were we to chose to follow this path, we could end up secluded or ostracized weighs heavily on us; especially my wife.

Bear in mind that Jesus told us to EXPECT persecution when we follow the truth. Jesus is the Truth, but poly is a facet of truth, and thus a facet of Him.

This movement is definitely still in the "pointy end of the spear" phase. That is where the impact is made and the opposition encountered. The pointy end of the spear opens the way for all who follow, and bears the brunt of the impact. It isn't a comfortable place to be.

But by opening your minds to this truth, enlightening, I should say, God has offered you a pointy end of the spear position. He must have judged you worthy -- an honor. Up to you how you will respond, whether by drawing back in fear, or pressing the pedal to the metal in Holy Boldness, or withdrawing into an observer (passive) role, to stroke your chins and say, "Hmmmmm. Interesting..." , which is actually another means of withdrawing in fear.

Or, you can laugh, say "Persecution, Schmersecution", and focus on the benefits to be gained in your walk with God by moving forward. And that WILL happen. Every Christian who I know who has moved forward in this has reported an increased depth to their understanding of and walk with God, along with a deeper involvement with the Word. All good outcomes.

Hey Steven! We live in Kistap County too! How cool. We're actually very close to a regionally famous shipyard. So close that I can see the stack out of my window. :) We're practically neighbors! A meet definately seems like a good idea. I for one, would welcome it. I did get to read through you and your wife's posts. I can see that you both love and care for one another very much. Send me a message if you'd like to get together sometime.

Followinghim1&2,
Thank you so very much! I hope I'l be able to contribute to as many forums as I can.

Cecil,
You're absolutely right. I can't argue with The Word and I never intend to. Persecution, schmersecution? Sounds like a new tag line... ;)

First of all, welcome!

Second, there may be those who do feel the need to ostracize you or set you apart. You have a friend here, tho....keep that in mind.

Blessings

Doc

Welcome to the forums officially. We also urge folks to wait on the Lord for His timing and leading in all things, and thank the folks here for their advice and openness while dealing with a difficult subject in our society. Grace to you and peace, through our Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, to whom all glory and honor is due!

Hello. Welcome. I tend to post in spurts... We are in Va but in the process of moving to TX. I grew up in Central WA and I miss the NW a lot!! I look forward to getting to know your family.

Trisha

Hi Trisha! Central WA? You mean God's country. I love it out there. Thank you and we look forward to getting to know you guys too.

Back