• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Gaining family in marriage

David D

Male
Maybe this isn't the right part of the forum to post this, however one part of marriage I have completely overlooked is gaining family. Having lost most all my own extended family as I strive to walk obedient to Christ and stand for Truth I have begun to see the value in godly family and community as its so very rare and precious. I have begun to desire and pray that if the Father adds to my home that I would also gain a family, father , mother , brothers and sisters in the faith. This sadly is something I hadn't given a lot of though in the past and seems to be often an overlooked benefit to marriage. Maybe because so few actually have family in the Faith or maybe its just me. Shalom brothers and sisters!

Maybe this isn't the right part of the forum to post this, however one part of marriage I have completely overlooked is gaining family. Having lost most all my own extended family as I strive to walk obedient to Christ and stand for Truth I have begun to see the value in godly family and community as its so very rare and precious. I have begun to desire and pray that if the Father adds to my home that I would also gain a family, father , mother , brothers and sisters in the faith. This sadly is something I hadn't given a lot of though in the past and seems to be often an overlooked benefit to marriage. Maybe because so few actually have family in the Faith or maybe its just me. Shalom brothers and sisters!
My main reservation about poky is how it wound effect my relationship with my father in law, a man I value deeply.

My main reservation about poky is how it wound effect my relationship with my father in law, a man I value deeply.
I understand that, when your walk in Truth you often lose the family that isn't lead by the Spirit of Yah. May he see the Truth of marriage. We have already lost all our family so the gain would hopefully to be part of a family that does see the Truth of marriage and value of a strong godly extended family.

We can dream, but remember;
46While he yet talked to the people, behold, his mother and his brethren stood without, desiring to speak with him. 47Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee. 48But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren? 49And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren! 50For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

We can dream, but remember;
46While he yet talked to the people, behold, his mother and his brethren stood without, desiring to speak with him. 47Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee. 48But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren? 49And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren! 50For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.
That is very true Steve. I do think in the Christian plural marriage crowd there is high likely hood of finding godly relatives that Arealso in the Faith. But maybe just a dream... This is a rough world.

John 8:59
At that point they picked up stones to throw at him. But Jesus was hidden from them and left the Temple.

(I don’t think it would be any different today - if anything - it would be worse).

John 15:18
If the world hates you, remember that it hated me first.

Galatians 1:10
Obviously, I’m not trying to win the approval of people, but of God. If pleasing people were my goal, I would not be Christ’s servant.

Choosing to repent and follow the Heavenly Father; Yahweh - His Way - His Word - His Truth, isn’t a very popular thing to do. We are warned in scripture that people will go against us - including within our own family.

The world has a counterfeit version of being Reborn - it’s called being woke. And most of Christianity has at least some woke ideology ingrained into them. The most popular one, of course, is feminism and rebellion against the Heavenly Father’s Patriarchy that he installed. They are quick to stand up against transgenderism and homosexuality - but what about patriarchy? What about feminism? Since feminism has started - divorces went up. We have gender confusion. Elections and policies that have influenced by women voting. Increase in homosexuality.

Going against YAH’s ways leads to wickedness. This is nothing new - happened many times in scripture. People have free will. When their free will brings destruction - and they still refuse to repent of their human ways - and submit to YAH’s ways - that’s what brings judgment.

Last edited:
Back