• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Galuški

Nikud

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Male
I got some goats milk from a friend today and decided that I'd show my kids how to make Galuški. Then decided to share it here too.

Galuški is a dessert dumpling dish served in milk, sort of like a warm cereal. In our family we use vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and saffron, goats milk and Marzipan.

12 Servings

Ingredients
  • 3 cups flour
  • 3 teaspoons baking powder
  • 3 cups marzipan
  • 3 teaspoons cinnamon (not caspia)
  • 9 cups of goats milk (use what ever you like but if your not going to use goats milk I suggest buttermilk)
  • 3 teaspoons vanilla
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg
  • A pinch of real saffron to taste, real saffron is expensive one oz is worth more than an oz of gold, most of the time we leave it out because we can't afford it, but 3 years ago my Cousin brought some back from a trip to Spain and shared a little with me. I've been saving it.
Directions
Mix the flour, marzipan, and baking powder together until it forms a stiff paste.

Fashion the paste into balls as big as the end of your thumb.

In a pot, combine the goats milk, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and saffron and bring to a boil.

Drop the dumplings into the boiling milk. Once they swell and float to the surface, remove from heat and serve in bowls with the milk they were cooked in.

Back