• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Gamers

eorl

Male
Any online gamers on here? I'm a very casual gamer, but I've recently got into SMITE on Xbox and Tribes:Ascend on PC. Open to being introduced to other games.

If there are any who do, post here and we can trade gamertags / user ids in PM.

Addiction of choice: Neverwinter online... Our Family created Guild is known as "Faithfully Bound For Eternity"!

(How's that for keeping focused on something other than our favorite time waster):D

Our message of the day is: "We are Faithfully Bound, Never to be emotionally led... We protect life, not expect life!"

For those who don't see the point to mmorpg's you have to look at the first two letters "mm"... Massive Multiplayer!

What better way to bring The Good Word to those that may never step foot in a church, or on a Christian site, than to go to them?

I wonder if Jesus had ever considered mmorpg's when he gave us the great commission? ;)

Haven't really done much with mmorpg's, mostly just single player computer games, but the original Neverwinter Nights was one of my first. I also like to dabble in tabletop board games and rpgs from time to time.
Hi Friend,

Neverwinter online compliments the Neverwinter Nights game, and is using the newest 4th edition rules... and it is free to play!

It's set 200 years past Neverwinter 1, and there is even a street named after Deekin in the main city (and Tommy Undergallow has a part too)...
In the Spellplague aftermath, you investigate the Sect Crown of Neverwinter's disappearance... that is where you start:)
Well worth playing especially if you are a fan of the first game!

The best part is that you can be true to Christian values (Lawful/Good) and fighting Evil with a world full of people on one huge mega-server... The game has only 2 servers, one for Russian speaking, and one for all the rest of the languages. Everyone you interact with (stand against evil with) will always be on the same mega-server every time... What a wonderful opportunity to reach people, right where they are in life, and anywhere in the world!

Well, so much for the game, thanks for your reply and the openness to realize that even mmorpg's can be used as a tool to accomplish reaching massive amounts of lost people:)

God Bless You and your family!

Thanks for the info! Maybe I'll look into it. I forgot to mention in my reply, though, that I don't really play games all that often anymore (whether tabletop or on computer)... Usually too busy doing other more important things. Even my "regular" tabletop rpg group is doing good if we can meet twice in two consecutive months.

I understand the "more important things" all to well, Friend...

One of the blessings and cursings of Living in Maine is the winter...
We are presently in a scramble to seal up and stock up for winter,
but once it hits, mmorpg's keep us from being frozen in and isolated:)

We pray that your chores in life lessen, and your time be stretched each week!

God Bless

I played Everquest for a number of years and was a guild leader (Noble Fist guild).

Good times, but what a time waste! I could only justify if by playing with my kids at the same time.

Now days I play Neptune's Pride (https://np.ironhelmet.com). It requires far less time.

I play a little with the kids occasionally. We have a PS3 with a couple of the Lego games and also a disc with a bunch of old school Sega games. But we limit their screen time so it's an earned once a week thing for video games usually.

I wanna get the new Nintendo console with a bunch of old school games on it. The kids would love that... and so would dad! :D

Back