• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

G'day folks :-)

Bob

Male
Hi, I'm Bob from Australia.

I'm here because of curiosity and some discussions that have happened in a study group I'm part of. Not sure I'm totally convinced about the whole multiple marriage thing, but need to resolve some issues.

As part of an older study group a growing number of the members are becoming widows/widowers, this significantly changes their marriage status. It was commented that taking the patriarchs as examples it could solve a number of living and support issues if we had a plural type of marriage. possibly surprisingly there was little opposition to the idea, no immediate commitment to the practice though! The topic has arisen a number of times since, the current debate on legalizing same sex marriage in Australia helping promote the discussion. So, why am I hear/ -- to gain information, to consider possibilities. Hope that is OK with you folks.

One of the best reasons to be here. You can find some great articles by people who have done the scriptural research here.

Reactions: Bob
Welcome Bob! Make sure you check out the Resources section on the main website. This should answer most questions you have, or at least get you well started on your investigations.
Under "Further Reading" there is a longer article entitled "Marriage: From the Bible Alone". This was originally produced as a printed booklet, and I can send you a copy formatted for printing if it would be helpful, as you might like to give this to everyone in your study group to work through as a bible study.

Glad you found us Bob! Hope we can help.

Thank you folks for the welcomes. Started reading some of the materials on the site.

Welcome aboard!

Back