• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Get Well Soon

FunGirl

Well I'm sick :( and have been sick a lot this year. I am in good shape and eat a lot of whole foods. Does anyone have advise for boosting the imune system?

Might wanna watch Dead Doctors Don't Lie for some ideas. Let me know if you wanna explore the author's ideas further. I can put you in touch. It makes an awful lot of sense to me.

Thanks! I took a listen, It's a good lecture. I do have expensive pee but I could do with a few more $ perhaps. I keep catching viruses like colds and flues. I can't seem to shack it all off and build up my immune system.

Hey Ceicl, Are you aware of the biblical practice of "land sabath" . Always leaving a portion of the land unharvest?
If anyone knows what I'm talking about do you know where it can be found? I've forgotten where it is in the bible.

You might try Leviticus 25:4

I think that it is supposed to be more like: Store up what you need during 6 years, so that there is enough for the 7th, and the 7th year let it ALL lie fallow. Take a vacation. Go back to school for a year. Get married and have a really lo-o-o-ong honeymoon.

All of which doesn't work out too well with a 9-5 job. But I've found myself wondering what would happen if we consciously did something similar, laying by 1 year+ in supplies and cash, then taking a year off after every 6 of work.

Wouldn't we all love to have a year long break! I was thinking if this would also alow the land time to regevinate. Think along the lines of the lecture you linked me. I also seem to recall a portion of land was supose to be left unharvisted but I think the intentions were to allow gleners? I'm not well versed in Old Testimate Farming.

Lots of things, like fruit, you can harvest once, then go back a week later and harvest some more.

I think that the rule was to harvest once, then open it to gleaners. Or, in the case of something like a grain field, don't harvest too carefully. Leave some in the corners. Or let some fall as you go.

Interestingly, you were NOT instructed to harvest and deliver it. SOMEthing was left for poor folks to do on their own behalf.

Something which the lecture doesn't emphasize, but which he does emphasize elsewhere, is that long lived cultures burn wood for heating and cooking, then mix the ashes into their gardens for the minerals. Also, they appear to "cut" their salt with it, for direct mineralization. Pretty interesting.

I listened to another lecture by him and he mentioned that would ash would put minerals in the soil. I had a grin from ear to ear knowing my little herb garden has wood ash so I guess I'm on the right track. It's not enough to supply my whole diet but it gave me a great idea for mixing ash into my potted strawberries. It also occurred to me that I use to have access to a lot of indigenises foods that I grassed on. These plant would be growing in soil mostly untouched there for not depleted. My recent year of bad luck very well could be a result of buying my produce. I was already aware of the depleted soil prior to hearing this but was unaware that one could take so much more then the recommended dosage of vitamins and minerals.

... and likely live to 120+.

I saw him last Thu night. 72 yrs old. Looks 50. Resting hear rate is 43. BP 117 over 71. Bone density matches an 18 year old. So, apparently, does his T level. ;) :eek:

I should be doing so well at 21 years younger! :(

I had been sick almost all the time until recently, so I understand how frustrating it can be. :( I have not been sick in a while since changing my diet...I now drink Kefir everyday (it has probiotics that boost the immune system), I also eat foods high in beta carotene (anything orange or red), and selenium (meat, fish, sunflower seed and spinach are all high in it). I also read that watermelon rind helps boost the immune system and use it in a yummy stir fry (recipe can be found if you just google watermelon stir fry). I also eat 2 cloves of garlic a day and a teaspoon of honey (both are potent antimicrobials), and almost all the grain I eat is oat or barley since they both aid the immune system. Hope this helps :D

FunGirl said:
Wouldn't we all love to have a year long break! I was thinking if this would also alow the land time to regevinate. Think along the lines of the lecture you linked me. I also seem to recall a portion of land was supose to be left unharvisted but I think the intentions were to allow gleners? I'm not well versed in Old Testimate Farming.
The seventh year fallow was to leave the land uncultivated and unharvested, except the poor people and animals could go and take what they could find from it. The Jews had wheat and barley as their staple diet, so they did a lot of cereal cropping. This does deplete the soil of organic matter over time, damaging the soil structure. So the fallow year would give a chance for the soil to recover, weeds would grow up and their fine root systems help to restore the soil, and earthworms etc would have a year to multiply and do their thing without being chopped up by a plough. It probably helped the Jews to maintain their agricultural system for so many years.

When I was really ill for awhile My family who have had their own share of issues recommended as vitamin mixture supplement called "True Hope".
While it's emphasis is on mental health boosts from taking their supplements it healed my mysterious illness that the docs had been unable to even diagnose for a year within two months. it is to costly for my wallet to take all the time but I still take it when I get really bad and it helps. , even with the fibro.

here is the link.

http://www.truehope.com/

Back