• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Getting together in Dayton, Ohio August 16th

kacylynn

Real Person
Hi all,
My husband and I have been talking to another family, and we all plan to meet in Dayton, Ohio Sunday August 16th for a very mini-retreat (half a day). Would love it if anyone else can make it, please email me at: kacylynn@yahoo.com for details if you would be able to come. Hope everyone is doing well and I truly enjoyed meeting several of you at the Orlando retreat!
In love
Kacy

Greetings Kacy! :D

I was so excited when I read your post! Dh & I live in Michigan, close to the Southern border near Ohio. Dh & I are currently just prayerfully researching pm & Yeshua's will for weather or not He may call us to it. Actually, I'm the one who's more interested in pm than my dh. He still has mixed feelings & concerns about it, however he is somewhat open to it. It would be great to meet other "like minded brothers & sisters in Christ," so that dh could see this isn't some cult/false religious movement. I believe the 16th of August would be a Sunday, correct? What time frame are you planning on, and at what location? Once the details are figured out & we have that info, I can then mapquest the location and see how long the trip would be for us. My dh showed a low-key interest during the other retreats. However, we could never afford such travels at such long distances. This would be great though! :) I will lift this in prayer, for Yeshua's will to be done & if my dh feel's led to attend, I'll be ever so happy to do so with him!!!! :D Thanks for stepping out in faith and being a willing vessel to help administer God's Truths regarding pm through such a retreat. I do look forward to hearing back with you about the retreat with more details. God Bless & go forth in His Holy Name, being a blessing to others & being blessed in return! :)

HAPPY TO DO THE WILL OF MY FATHER!
Faithful Servant

Hi Faithful Servant,

Yes, the 16th is a Sunday, and we are planning to get together at 2 pm that afternoon. I still need to figure out a good location (I'm part of the other family Kacy has been talking to). We're thinking of getting together at a restaurant, probably close to either I-75 or I-70. BTW, I grew up about 15 miles west of Toledo and 5 miles from the Michigan border (just north of Swanton, OH) - when we used to live near Dayton, it would take us about 2.5 hrs to drive from Dayton to Toledo (we were just there last weekend).

We can email an exact location to anyone interested in coming when it's decided.

Joe

Hey Joe,

Thanks for getting back with me regarding the half day mini retreat on Sunday, Aug 16th. Just wondering what the format will be for the retreat? Would we be staying at the resturant for the whole retreat, or would that just be a meeting point? We're also wondering what will be the main format? We're hopeful that there will be a time of worship, prayer, discussion and study of pm. Again dh & I are currently just researching the possibility, as I'm the one interested in pm. Dh isn't so sure, but is somewhat willing to check into it. So with that being said, also am wondering if this retreat is only open to those already living the poly life or is it also open to those of us who are still studying and seeking Yeshuas will regarding pm?

Depending how far away Dayton is from our church, we may or may not be able to attend church that day. Our services are usually over by 12/12:30pm. If the retreat will be starting at 2pm, not sure if that leaves us enough travel time from church. But again, it won't be an issue to skip church for that one day. We would just need to make arrangements for our kiddos, who do love our church family. Our eldest is 18, so he will be able to watch the other 2 for the day so that won't be a problem. Plus our youngest is 8/almost 9, so there are no babies or toddlers involved. Which makes a day trip much more doable! :)

Well thanks again for stepping out in faith, and putting on this retreat. Is it safe to assume that your family will be helping Kacy to plan and put this retreat on? Btw, are you currently living in a poly family or are you just currently studying and seeking pm? I apologize if my questions are too intrusive here. Just curious how many poly family vs. "seeking families," may be attending. Thanks again for any & all help with these matters. Again I do look forward to learning more of the details of this event, as time permits you to respond of course. Once we get the details, we can then make better plans. Take care & Yeshuas Blessings & Peace to you and yours! :)

Warm Regards,
Faithful Servant

Kacy & Joe,

It is possible that I would be able to attend. I think Dayton is about six hours away from where I live. Do you know if the Creation Museum in Kentucky is close by where the retreat would take place? This would be an added bonus to make the trip.

Michelle

Faithful Servant said:
Hey Joe,

Thanks for getting back with me regarding the half day mini retreat on Sunday, Aug 16th. Just wondering what the format will be for the retreat? Would we be staying at the resturant for the whole retreat, or would that just be a meeting point? We're also wondering what will be the main format? We're hopeful that there will be a time of worship, prayer, discussion and study of pm. Again dh & I are currently just researching the possibility, as I'm the one interested in pm. Dh isn't so sure, but is somewhat willing to check into it. So with that being said, also am wondering if this retreat is only open to those already living the poly life or is it also open to those of us who are still studying and seeking Yeshuas will regarding pm?

Depending how far away Dayton is from our church, we may or may not be able to attend church that day. Our services are usually over by 12/12:30pm. If the retreat will be starting at 2pm, not sure if that leaves us enough travel time from church. But again, it won't be an issue to skip church for that one day. We would just need to make arrangements for our kiddos, who do love our church family. Our eldest is 18, so he will be able to watch the other 2 for the day so that won't be a problem. Plus our youngest is 8/almost 9, so there are no babies or toddlers involved. Which makes a day trip much more doable! :)

Well thanks again for stepping out in faith, and putting on this retreat. Is it safe to assume that your family will be helping Kacy to plan and put this retreat on? Btw, are you currently living in a poly family or are you just currently studying and seeking pm? I apologize if my questions are too intrusive here. Just curious how many poly family vs. "seeking families," may be attending. Thanks again for any & all help with these matters. Again I do look forward to learning more of the details of this event, as time permits you to respond of course. Once we get the details, we can then make better plans. Take care & Yeshuas Blessings & Peace to you and yours! :)

Warm Regards,
Faithful Servant

First off, let me emphasize this is a VERY "mini-retreat". Actually, it's more of an informal meeting to get to know some other like-minded believers in the area without any real planned "format". We are planning to meet at a restaurant for a late lunch, and if the weather is good, there is a large park down the road we could go to spend some more time talking, walking, etc.

This "mini-retreat" is open to anyone, whether living poly or not. At this point, the families planning to get together on Aug. 16 don't have more than one wife (including us). As for our family personally, we aren't "seeking" as far as studying/seeking to see if it's for us; rather, my wife and I have believed in the biblical basis of plural marriage for years and we are open to the possibility if God brings the right person along. Of course, we are willing to discuss any scriptural topics concerning pm that anyone wants to discuss. We just don't have any planned agenda. As far as any questions about families actually living it, we know several families personally, but we haven't been down that road ourselves yet.

Actually, my wife and I have decided to go ahead with plans to host a retreat at our house Labor Day weekend (Sept. 5-6). You are welcome to come on Aug. 16, but if you can make it down Labor Day weekend, that would be a better time for worship, prayer, and bible study. Tonight (I guess it's technically early morning now) I just posted a preliminary notice about it as a new topic.

lutherangirl said:
Kacy & Joe,

It is possible that I would be able to attend. I think Dayton is about six hours away from where I live. Do you know if the Creation Museum in Kentucky is close by where the retreat would take place? This would be an added bonus to make the trip.

Michelle

Hi Michelle,

The Creation Museum is a little over one hour drive from where we will meet in Dayton.

Also, as I just replied to Faithful Servant, we are also making plans for a retreat on Labor Day weekend (see the new topic "Ohio Retreat - Labor Day Weekend"). FYI, that will be about 2 hours from the Creation Museum.

Hi Joe,

Thanks for all the back & forth, and for all of the informative info. I think it's great what you guys are doing by stepping out in faith so to speak, to bridge the gap of miss understood biblical truths and reach out to other "like minded Christians." And by doing so going forth in His Name, hopefully the traditions of man will be broken in order to live out the Christian mission/purpose in life that the Lord intends us to. Live it out in full & complete Biblical purity without traditions and the secular mind-sets & trappings of today's generation.

As far as this upcoming mini retreat goes, not sure that we'll be able to make it. I'm still seeking Yeshuas will to be done in this matter, and of course discussing this with my dh for his approval as I'll follow his lead in all things. However at this season of my dh's spiritual walk with the Lord, he's still growing in the Lord by baby steps. So I feel that he may benefit more from a somewhat structured format. A format that has some study & Godly wisdom and insights to learn from others who are currently living the poly life.

I think at this particular juncture, that we may just lose him in theory so to speak. It may be a stronger/more solid witness for my dh, if he can observe and see others that are living out the poly life according to God's will with joy. Please don't be offended, as I'm not trying to take away what you feel called in the Lord to be doing at this point, with the mini retreat. I'm sure it will be a blessing to those who are able to attend. Just not sure that this set up/format is what will help to encourage my dh about pm at this season.

Again if he does take an interest in it, and says what the heck lets just go for it, then of course I'll be happy to follow him in that. :D I don't mean to be so long winded here, but there are just a few serious issues that I'm taking to prayer in regard to our marriage & current family. God is doing amazing things in our lives, bringing much healing & restoration. So I'm just trying to be careful to seek out & remain in God's will for our families future. Thanks again for everything. If we can come out to the retreat, I'll try to contact you as soon as possible. Just curious, how many responses have you received that are able to make it to the retreat? Also in the original post from Kacy, she mentioned that we could contact her at her own private e-address for more info. I have a few times, but haven't heard back from her as of yet. I'm assuming she's busy as we all are, and that you've taken over the correspondence for this retreat. No biggie or complaints at all, just wondering how she is and how the planning is coming along for everyone. Thanks again & God Bless! :D

Warm Regards,
Faithful Servant

Hi Faithful Servant,

I will be attending the miniretreat too and would love to meet you all. I understand what you mean about your hubby not being ready, though. Cici's is a very fun casual place (if that's what we settled on) and we don't have to talk about PM if he doesn't want to, we can talk about bible and the Lord, etc. Well, I for one am also excited about Labor day!

Maria

Hello again Maria!

Just tried sending you a post under another section here, and erased it all by accident! Stupid overly-sensitive lap tops!!! :lol: Anywho, now I'm seeing another post from ya and know that we're meant to connect today, if I can quit hitting a button that deletes everything that I'm trying to post here! :?

How exciting that you're making plans to go to the upcoming mini retreat on the 16th. Will your new family be joining you on the 16th or is the location too far away from them? I think I remember reading on Roberts post that they live in Missouri? Do you live close to Ohio? We're in Michigan, so this location would be way more doable for us. Have wanted to attend the other retreats, but they've been too far away & too far out of our budget at this season. I hope I didn't put out the wrong idea regarding my comments on the retreat itself, as I'm sure it will be a great blessing to all who can attend. I'm just feeling that a retreat that will have some families that are currently living the poly life who can share their testimonies, would be more of a benefit and learning opportunity for my dh.

Dh does attend a couples bible study in the home of church members that are our friends. However it would be great for the biblical truths of pm to be discussed, studied and prayed about at this retreat for my dh to hear and witness these truths with other like minded Christians. As we know when loved ones or our spouses haven't fully surrendered unto the Lord but are saved, it's easier to hear these biblical truths/teachings from other un-bias sources. So in a nutshell I guess that's my selfish hope for this mini retreat. I still need to know the exact location so that I'm able to map quest it and see just how far away the retreat would be from us. Then when I have all of the detailed info, I'll be better able to discuss it with my dh and make plans from there.

Btw before I close, I'd just like to say that I'm excited and looking forward to your new families updated blog! :D Your future husband Robert I believe, testimony is an amazing witness of God's Power & Love moving in and through him and his family! I would like to print off an updated version with the testimony of your soon to be arrival into their family, for my dh to read. I think he would be encouraged to seek God's will on more of a serious level through Robert & his lovely wife's testimony. If God ever does confirm and call us both united in Christ to pm, as a first wife I'd love for you to share Godly insights & learn from you and your future sister wife, with the adventures God will take you all on the path of pm. If ya don't mind me asking, have you all made plans for a specific time frame for you to join their family and plans for what kind of covenant/cerimony will take place? Well I better go before I write the novel of a life time here! :lol: If my dh does decide that we should attend this retreat, I'll contact you as soon as possible. As it would be wonderful to meet up with you!

Faithful Servant

Hi Faithful Servant,

Speaking from our experience and the testimony of others who have come to retreats, the single biggest factor (along with the working of the Holy Spirit, of course) in unsure spouses (usually the wife) coming to accept that this is biblical and that "these people are for real" is just meeting and getting to know others (a common remark we hear after only one day into a retreat is "we feel like we are around family"). When I first started studying the biblical basis for pm, my wife went from initially being opposed to it, to quickly (within a day or two) accepting that it is biblical "but not for me", to just not being sure what kind of people would really buy into this weird idea. When we went to our first retreat (many moons ago), she quickly realized that everyone there were ordinary people (well, kind of :) ) that have a love for God and his truth. And the only person there from a plural family was one wife from a plural family (she came because she was visiting her parents in the area). Just getting to meet others in person is a great thing.

As I said before, the Labor Day retreat (more details under a separate forum topic here: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=712) will be a better opportunity than the Aug. 16th "mini-retreat" to get into bible study and more in-depth discussion. If you (or anyone) wants more information about the location for the Aug. 16th "mini-retreat" or the Labor Day retreat, send me an email at geojoe44@gmail.com and I can send you more info by email. So far almost all the responses for the Aug. 16th meeting and the Labor Day retreat have been here in the forum posts.

Faithful Servant said:
I don't mean to be so long winded here, but there are just a few serious issues that I'm taking to prayer in regard to our marriage & current family. God is doing amazing things in our lives, bringing much healing & restoration. So I'm just trying to be careful to seek out & remain in God's will for our families future.

Boy, we can relate to this. The past few years have been amazing as God has shown us how much traditional Christianity has been influenced by human traditions that have no biblical basis. And healing and restoration has been a major theme in our family the past few years as well. We'll be praying for you.

It would be great to meet you Aug. 16th, or better yet, at the Labor Day retreat (only about 4 weeks away). :p

Joe

Greetings Everyone

Just checking in to see how this past Sunday's Mini-Retreat went out in Ohio? I'm excited to hear how the Lord moved in your hearts, and what if any new insights were gleaned? How many people/families made it out, how was the weather, the food, the fellowship, etc, etc? :D So bummed that we weren't able to make it ourselves, but it has just been a crazy busy time for us. Our church just finished up a week long VBS program, and Sunday the Kiddos gave the church family a mini presenatation with the songs from our VBS program. Our boys were part of it, and of course didn't want to miss out on it!

Anywho, as time permits would love to hear everyone's shared testimonies of the retreat, and what is happening in your families, marriages? Any couples out there that are now feeling called of God to officially seek out a sw through the encouragement of the retreat? Any poly families that attended and feel more encouraged and confirmed in the Lord to carry on the pm path that Yeshua has called them to and would love to share their gleaned wisdom and knowledge? I'm so excited for all that we're able to attend and hear all the details. :D Continue to lean on, trust in and be Encouraged on the path that Yeshaua has for you.

Faithful Servant

Our get-together on Sunday was great. There were 3 families there (2 couples and one single (betrothed) lady), and it was a great time of encouragement and getting to know each other (it was the first time two of us met the other family in person). We really enjoyed the fellowship (and the food was great, too!).

Speaking for me and my wife, we've been open for years to the possibility of another wife joining our family, but it's not been God's timing yet for us. As far as "gleaned wisdom and knowledge", one thing we discussed is that sometimes when you go through rejection by people, you find out who your friends are (often someone we considered to be a close friend really was not). It's always good to fellowship with others and hear about the journey God's brought them through in their search for truth. We were very blessed.

We are definitely looking forward to spending more time together at the Labor Day weekend retreat.

Back