• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Go be salt & light...

PeteR

Staff member
Real Person
Male
Here's your chance... easy pickin's w this guy! Go be salt and light!

Other than denying things like "Yah had two wives," and so did Moses, his argument builds on a demonstrably false claim:

That polygyny isn't "righteous" [says who?] and that He only "allowed" it for a time, kinda like He did 'revenge killing' - but that was then, THIS was now.

The problem is that to refute the obvious lie, folks have to give up their most Sacred Cow, and admit what He told them in Matthew 5:17-19.

He was far more effective this time. He’s giving us an excellent chance to steel man our side.

I’m assuming @Bartato left that excellent comment at the end. Well done sir!

Also, Spurgeon and Henry both admit that poly is never prohibited, that’s a beautiful little gem he just gave us. I didn’t know that.

Now he needs to see a all the verses showing God as a polygamist and those regulating it.

Last edited:
All of that being said, I think he knows the truth or is at least highly suspicious of the standard narrative. That means he’s participating in destroying this family knowing it’s unjustified.

He was far more effective this time. He’s giving us an excellent chance to steel man our side.

I’m assuming @Bartato left that excellent comment at the end. Well done sir!

Also, Spurgeon and Henry both admit that poly is never prohibited, that’s a beautiful little gem he just gave us. I didn’t know that.

Now he needs to see a all the verses showing God as a polygamist and those regulating it.
What was the excellent comment I supposedly made? I don't think it was me.

Also, where did Surgeon and Matthew Henry admit admit that polygamy isn't Biblically prohibited? I haven't heard that before. I would love to add their names to the list along with Augustine, Luther, and Melancthon.

Other than denying things like "Yah had two wives," and so did Moses, his argument builds on a demonstrably false claim:

That polygyny isn't "righteous" [says who?] and that He only "allowed" it for a time, kinda like He did 'revenge killing' - but that was then, THIS was now.

The problem is that to refute the obvious lie, folks have to give up their most Sacred Cow, and admit what He told them in Matthew 5:17-19.
He tried to claim that the Avenger of Blood could kill the innocent man, without any repercussions, when the only thing that Scripture tells us about it, is that the innocent man cannot be protected from bloodshed! Wouldn't that make the Avenger of Blood a murderer who himself would have to flee to a City of Refuge, where if he went on trial, he would not be found to have accidentally killed the innocent man?

What was the excellent comment I supposedly made? I don't think it was me.

Also, where did Surgeon and Matthew Henry admit admit that polygamy isn't Biblically prohibited? I haven't heard that before. I would love to add their names to the list along with Augustine, Luther, and Melancthon.
Watch the video! All three are towards the end. He read a YouTube comment that I thought sounded a lot like you.
There is a contact form on the website: https://www.irbc.church/contact/
I got his direct email and sent him a note.

I'll try giving it a listen. I listened to a couple of his sermons and did post a couple comments on YouTube. I find it (and him) very frustrating, especially seeing that he and I would agree on all sorts of other issues.

Watch the video! All three are towards the end. He read a YouTube comment that I thought sounded a lot like you.

I got his direct email and sent him a note..

Back