• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

God is not a fornicator

My friend Jeff posted this over at Grace Centered, it is a board full of apostates still claiming to be christians. On one hand they will condone all types of wickedness but on the other will persecute men that teach polygyny.

Whatever it is that fornication consists of, we can be sure that having more than one wife does not equal fornication because:

• God portrays Himself as a polygamist - Ezekiel 23:4
  • God says He gave David multiples wives, 2 Sam 12:8
  • Reuben was said to have defiled his father's bed by sleeping with one of his father's concubines, that means concubinage is not fornication -- it is the marriage bed. -- Gen 35:22, 1 Chronicles 5:1
  • There is a partition drawn in Hebrews 13:4, marriage bed is honorable, -- but adulterers and fornicators God will judge.

God nevers portrays Himself as an adulterer, as a drunk, as an idolater, etc. He would never portray Himself as a fornicator and that is one of many ways that we can know that having lots of wives is not fornication. Because God portrays Himself as having more than one wife, it is not fornication.

Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.--God

Jeremiah 31:32 "I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:"

Saying that having multiples wives is fornication is tantamount to calling God a fornicator. I will not CALL GOD A FORNICATOR!

That is all.

MD,

Did you mean to post a link? What did Jeff say?

I agree 100% with what you say here. The state and the church at large wink at people committing fornication and all kinds of other sin, but fervently resist the concept of Godly polygyny. This is the antichrist spirit at work trying to resist the fulfilment of Isaiah 4:1 and the preparation of the true church for the return of Christ. These people will reap what they sow.

Be Blessed,

Dr. Ray

Jeff was the one that posted at the other board. My words are in green up top. I'm just reposting what he wrote.

I've noticed that when showing the apostates where they in effect calling God a fornicator, that they won't address the charge head on. They always attempt to develop an elaborate construct that amounts to just simply confusing the conversation and resolves nothing.

Human wisdom at its finest, (James 3:14-16). :D

My advice is leave them to their own devices. Their destruction is certain. Do not throw your pearls before the swine.

Be blessed,

Ray

Your advice is good and its biblical.

Its been a challenge, 'letting it go' when dealing with them. But its gotten easier over time, thanks to Jesus.

Back