• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

God is So Good!

Sunnigrace

Female
So just a refresher to start. I was in a plural marriage a few years back. Things did not work out as we had all hoped. I was a second wife. He sought a third. The first left and then it was just myself, the potential third and him. The third convinced him to become monogomous and he left me. I found out sometime later that the first wife and the third wife tried to make it work and it did not work for them because of the third wife. Fast forward to today. The third wife has now left. The first wife divorced him a few years ago before they tried to join the house with first and third. Now that the first wife and the third wife are gone, the children have reached out to me as well as him. However he and I have not reconciled and I am not sure that it will happen. But the children, he and I and the first wife and I are all on speaking terms again. Confusing I know. However, I am ecstatic that the children have contacted me and are keeping in touch daily as well as the first wife and him. He is currently seeing seeing someone and things seem to be going well for him and her and I am happy for him. He and I have settled our differences and are on friendly terms. The children still call me mom and have asked for me to come visit this summer. The first wife and I have had some very in depth talks and have agreed for me to come visit with them while they are at the family farm over the summer. First wife is single and on her own, third wife is in Florida and filing for divorce.

I post this because obviously there is great need for God's intervention and guidance on all our parts. One member a long time ago mentioned the fact that maybe someday things could be reconciled and the family rejoined again. I am not sure that will happen.. Would I like to see a reconciliation between me and my husband.....YES. Regardless of what happen and how it ended, it was NOT God's intention for that to end. Yes I still refer to him as my husband, because in my heart, in my mind and in my soul he will always be. However, if it does not happen I am ok with that too. I know God has a plan and will reveal all in his time and until then I am just a humble servant doing as I am called.

Please just keep the matter in prayer as well as my family's.

Prayers

Praying it all goes as it should. Keep seeking Him and he will make all things for your good. Blessings.

Will be praying.

Thanks for the update @Sunnigrace. May you find doors that need to open will open.

Your attitude toward him really encourages me. It is good to see that your heart doesn't seem hardened. May God bless you and your family!

Praying

Your attitude toward him really encourages me. It is good to see that your heart doesn't seem hardened. May God bless you and your family!
Even in my darkest hours I have never been hard hearted towards him. He knows me so well, he is my best friend, and I have truly missed him and the family. It was not my choice for it to end and I pray that someday things will be set right according to God's plan. At this moment I am just happy to have the children back and know that doors of communication are open between us.

Your attitude is so similar to my second. What a daughter of God your attitude reflects! Praying for you guys.
Thank You. As I have said before. If it is God's will for us to reunite it will happen. All I know is that I am speaking to him and the children again....which brings me great joy. As a bonus I found out tonight that the children will be living with me by end of summer. Dad is going through a rough spot and bio mom is not able to care for them so he has asked if I will take them till he can care for them. We are all super excited to be together again.

Even in my darkest hours I have never been hard hearted towards him. He knows me so well, he is my best friend, and I have truly missed him and the family. It was not my choice for it to end and I pray that someday things will be set right according to God's plan. At this moment I am just happy to have the children back and know that doors of communication are open between us.
Your heart is an example to us all. Often we assume that everything has to be hunky dory for God's plan to be on track. His Ways are not our own, nor are they ever going to be fully comprehensible to us, except to the extent that we can find the part of Him within that is His partial image. You will, however, be a blessing as you continue to prepare your heart for whatever He has in store for you and the rest of the family. He guides our steps. Our part is to do our best to avoid resisting that guidance. I applaud you, both for your readiness and for your joyous grace in your approach to your estranged husband and in recognizing the blessings that inhabit what could mistakenly be labeled a totally dysfunctional situation.

Back