• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Grandmother might die soon if she does not recover.

I do not know if she will go to the good or bad place.

Pray that it will be the good place and I may somehow know without a doubt and that my knowledge may be based on truth not good wishes

That she really may go to the good place

That her life may be prolonged at least until I know with absolute certainty or at least as large a degree of certainty as God is willing to provide without violating his character.

That the family members would repent of desiring a hastened death, it is ok for them to accept death but not to desire death being hastened.

That the family members may understand the value of suffering and how it can be a good thing when used to grow close to God and how taking away life early reduces spiritual quality of life.

Spiritual quality of life increases with suffering as it is a greater opportunity to love and build and restore relationships and more opportunity to get saved. Ending life early because of suffering ends the most important opportunities.

I think this is the most important time of this persons life now, but it is labeled as low quality by people when it is actually the best quality.

Earlier years were not used to their full to connect spiritually and I do not see any way for me to take them back and help this person grow in faith short of a miracle.

I wish I knew when this day would have come earlier so I had noticed and took more of the opportunities to help spiritually I do not know where this person will go.

I want them to have good eternal life. I wish I did not beat myself up for not studying enough and did not do so many other things and instead just focused on this person if only I knew in advance, I should have been more careful to be aware.

Please pray for her that she may be saved and that I may know that she is saved, as a result of her really being saved.

Having lost both sets of grandparents, both parents, both in-law parents and two brothers so far, let me share with you my discoveries.
1. One's salvation is the business of God. He desires the salvation of those we love even more than we do. His Holy Spirit is the One who convicts, not us.

2. We can only pray, share our love for the Lord and read the Word to them. Observing a soul in transition to eternity is a very helpless feeling and causes us to stand in awe of God and His work.

3. The only person that we can have confidence in their salvation is our self. We may only know about our own heart. We may have varying degrees of assurance about someone else, usually based on their attitude toward the things of God. Sometimes things happen on death beds that increase that assurance, but don't expect it.

4. Rest in the knowledge of God's love and grace and that He does all things well. Always be on God's, side even when our most beloved relative or friend faces eternity. God can do no more than He already has to bring about salvation. If the cross and the empty tomb are not enough, there is no more, and God is just.

Praise God! Pastor John speaks such an amazing truth!

I have lost friends and a brother. i knew my brother was not saved and he did not have a prolonged death. i was saddened however i also know that he was given the chance to choose God and did not. i live in confidence that I will be with my saviour....

that's all i can do.

my prayer are with you for strength in this time.

I am just reading this post. I am sorry for your loss DTT. My prayers are with your family.

John, thank you for your encouraging words. I needed that.

Back