• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Greetings from Louisiana

jonpinckard

Real Person
Male
Greetings from Louisiana,

I wanted to take a minute and introduce my family. We are new here to biblical families and have found a very warm reception so far! I would like to say "thank you" to everyone that we have spoken to or communicated with so far, you know who you are, so THANK YOU!!!

We live in a small town outside of Baton Rouge, La. We are a christian family and follow God's word. We believe in be loving and giving and to be respectful. We believe in God and family first, all things come after that. We have been led to the plural lifestyle recently and I can't say we have made every move right but we are trying and we are here looking for advice and to share our story so others may learn from it.

I work offshore as a chemical technician and I also teach wilderness survival / primitive living. Teaching people to rely on themselves is a passion of mine and it is rewarding to see people when they realize they are capable of being better. I served in the US Marines for 8 years including one deployment to Iraq in 2004.

My wife, who is also a member here (wife31800) is a stay-at-home wife and mother. She is also a baker and an embroiderer. Oh and a shopper... imagine that!!! :D

We have two amazing little girls that we are obviously proud of, ages 5 and 7. We have to admit that we are fortunate, they both love vegetables and heart healthy foods and would rather play outside than watch TV. Depending on how our family situation goes we will probably begin home-schooling them again.

We look forward to meeting all of you and if any of you are in our area and would like to visit contact us and we will try to get together. It would be nice to have some fellowship.

Thank you for your support!!!

The Pinckards

Oh my lord....not another family from South Louisiana......what is this message board coming to......the Cajuns are taking over :lol: :D .........Kidding aside, I, along with my wife, would like to welcome you and your wife to Biblical Families. We live up the road a ways from you near Lafayette. I too work in the oilfield as a production operator and drive through your neck of the woods evey week going to "the end of the world" to work. We enjoy doing Civil War reenactemnts / living histories......We have know about Biblical Plural marriage for a few years now and can attest that it can be rough at times but is also a blessing.......I wish to encourage you to read and read a lot of the post, both new and old, that are on here and learn from those who have gone before you. May the Lord bless you as you go forth into this knowledge and as you seek HIS will in your life. I would also recommend that as soon as you can, sign up and attend one of the retreats that are offered several times a year to meet face to face with others who believe as you.

God bless and again welcome!

Hi there, welcome along.

It's well worth reading through the old posts if you have some time. I spent the first 2 weeks glued to this website :lol: .

The survival stuff sounds interesting. What do you class as primitive living? I live off solar power, cook on a coal range and we have a sawdust toilet. Does that count? :D

Thanks for all the replies! What we call primitive living is simply the way natives lived. I learned it growing from an uncle that I was raised by. Most people think primitive living and wilderness survival are the same thing but I don't think so. If it is "living" its a peaceful existence, if it is "survival" it implies a struggle. If you are using solar panels and alternative fuels, that is self-reliance, still an admirable choice of lifestyle.

jonpinckard said:
If it is "living" its a peaceful existence, if it is "survival" it implies a struggle. If you are using solar panels and alternative fuels, that is self-reliance, still an admirable choice of lifestyle.

Feels like a struggle sometimes! :lol:

Welcome, I'm too from Louisiana, Baton Rouge. Nice to see people who believe in the same thing, such as plural marriage. My husband is a gospel rapper, and we are believer's as well. It' s cool to see you doing the survial thing, gonna have to check that out. It would be nice to learn some tactics to save , and live cheaper, if at all possible. check out my husband at http://www.soundclick.com/messenga. I understand some peple dont like rap, but he's not the average Joe. We stand on truth. I have chatted with your wife a little. Hope to talk to you guys one day. Much Love.

Thanks again for all the response! sharonr thanks for talking with my wife, maybe once I get home next week we can all get together.

Welcome Pinckards! Glad to have you here. Hope we can be helpful to you on this journey.

Back