• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Greetings in Jesus' name from Ohio

anapaedobaptist

I am very thankful to the Lord Jesus that I found this website. And to have discussion with likeminded people is a blessing, because out in the local world, you will rarely ever get anyone to admit to believing in polygyny, especially among Christians. Truly this subject is one of the most taboo ever in the church, particularly in America in the 21st century. It is a subject, like many other subjects, that the church refuses to believe the truth about. Such is the generation we live in.

We are a homeschooling family and have 8 children, 12 and under. We live a life of (what others would call) strict holiness, including outward. We believe one of the great plagues in the church today is it's friendship with the world's system (1John 2:15-17). We reject most everything that is on television and in movies with few exceptions. We are very agrarian and natural minded, and believers in old-time values. We believe that if something is popular, it is most likely wrong and against the will of God (Luke 16:15). Doctrinally we are mostly of the Reformed persuasion, but with Anabaptist leanings in lifestyle and Christian principles.

My wife and I are in our lower 30s. Our goal is to raise children who are all whole-hearted disciples of Jesus Christ, and who will shake the world. Our goal is multi-generational. We desire to leave a godly heritage for several generations, not just to raise "good" children that turn out "okay". As others are wanting to have as few children as possible to get them out of their hair, we love children and believe they are a blessing and want to have as many as the LORD will provide.

Regarding the subject of polygyny, we've been reading, thinking, and discussing the subject on and off over the last couple of years. I have never personally bought into the idea that the Bible teaches against multiple wives, but I never put a lot of study into it nor sought to find others who believed that way. My wife and I have read most of Tom Shipley's "Man and Woman, Biblical Law" and he brings a pretty compelling argument, even though we don't agree with everything he writes.

Anyhow, we basically don't see a real possibility of adding a 2nd wife due to the various conditions in our society that work against it, which is very unfortunate. Not only are laws against it, but if you get around that obstacle you are faced with family opposition, church opposition, opposition at work, and it seems you would more-so have to hide the whole thing to function properly in society. But maybe some of you can change our minds from our pessimism.

We are blessed to be here. We don't have home internet so we are a bit limited, but I can check things at work and sometimes we go to the library to use the internet. The Lord Jesus Christ bless you.

James

Welcome James! I hope you will find some good information here to help answer some of your questions. Thanks for sharing about your family. Blessings!

Yes, welcome. You might feel a strange family compared to the world but although we are a very diverse bunch there are plenty of others here with a similar mindset to yourself particularly around homeschooling, children etc. So make yourself at home! :)

Back