• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Growing forward

Victorious

Real Person
Male
Greetings Biblical families,
It was so beautiful meeting all (okay some) of you at the retreat. There was so much treasure there I couldn't contain myself. I was overwhelmed with joy and inspiration.
Despite expecting to be called out for failing with my precious family. I prayed for them all the way home, though that, of course, is not when I started praying...
I just left them in the kitchen, where they confronted me about my choices. I am asked to move out and we agreed to disentangle all titles and accounts amicably and establish a quazipermanent private marital separation.

So as it too often is, an attempt to explore multiplication begins with undesired subtraction. I have never been the head of my household. And I will never not be again.

This will be a very new chapter. I have much to do and sort out. And they need prayer.

We have had "family meetings" in the past where I was on the hot seat as I was today, which ended with screaming and chairs demolished against a tree for stress relief. Today I managed to communicate confidently, clearly, with no extra words, and no raising of volume. I pray that this will not forever be lost on them, and that we can find future occasions for positive interactions.

Meanwhile I covet your prayers, brotherhood, accountability, and advice. Victor is not my birthname; it is my future. I boldly claim it now. HallaluYah,

Shalom, brother. Will be keeping you in prayer. Was good to meet you.

We have had "family meetings" in the past where I was on the hot seat as I was today, which ended with screaming and chairs demolished against a tree for stress relief. Today I managed to communicate confidently, clearly, with no extra words, and no raising of volume. I pray that this will not forever be lost on them, and that we can find future occasions for positive interactions.
That is indeed victorious!

Back