• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

HeisWithUs --Wife & Mom in N.Texas

HeisWithUs

Hello there!

I'm a 28 yr old (currently only, almost 10 years) wife and a mom of two very active and inquisitive boys.

My husband and I have been discussing polygyny for a few years and I admit I'm still having trouble accepting the fact that my husband desires another wife. Funny thing is that I knew from the day we met that I'd marry him and then he would take another wife some years later. God wrote it on my heart. Only a few years ago, after telling my husband this and showing him why it's not a sin, did he finally admit he knew it all along too. He knew it would hurt me so that's why he never told me, buried it, and never tried looking into it any further.

We got married a month after we started dating (remained abstinent for that whole month as well). Only a month before that did we finally meet in person. I got pregnant with our first son on our honeymoon. After he was born, I fell pregnant two more times over 6.5 years but we lost those babies soon after I had positive pregnancy tests. Those were very hard to deal with but with God's love and comfort I am much better. I had my littlest one about 2 years ago. It's been a crazy two years. My husband joined the military (so he can't take a wife currently or possibly not for many many years since he sees this as a career), I found a full-time job that I believe might end up being a career for me as well, and our oldest was hospitalized for and diagnosed with a mood disorder. Through all of this God has been with me, even when I felt most alone and in pain.

I am so grateful to have found this forum and I hope I can contribute even though we are currently not practicing polygyny.

Other details:
-non-denominational
-i love Tabasco sauce
-we have 2 cats
-I know how to sew just about anything (it might take me time but I'll figure it out)
-tried my hand and college but the college level algebra was too much for me but pre-cal was a breeze

Welcome there are people on here that also believe in Polygamy but are not practicing it at the moment. For me it is wonderful to he able to speak, read and have support. In my own life I was not supported by my family. Though my husband's family and SW's family didn't care (at least to our faces) :).

Welcome - thanks for sharing a bit about yourself.

Welcome. We're also monogamous so far, it's great to meet more people who accept God's Word as written on marriage.

Back