• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Hello Again

clyde44

Hello Ladies. It's been a while since I've posted, I'd guess close to 2 years. I'd thought I was done with this whole plural marriage idea, but it turns out I may not be. A lot has happened with us in the last couple years and I'm thinking I'll go into it in pieces so no one gets over whelmed with it all. So I just wanted to say hello again.
Clyde

Good to see you here Clyde44 again. Looking forward to hearing what God has been up to.

Since we've only been part of the group for a couple of months, I'm going to guess that I'm one of those new faces. Welcome back, and I look forward to reading your story.

Hello Clyde44. I hope there is a phone call in our future so you can catch me up. Love you.

SweetLissa

I'm not quite sure where to start. First let me apologize yet again for taking so long to get back with an update. We had a destination wedding to get ready for and just got back late last week. It was a busy couple weeks. Ok, moving on..... A lot has happened, some good, some not so good. But through it all I know that God has a plan and I'm just trying to roll with it. Some of you may remember that my cousin,( who we've recently figured out is probably my half sister, but that's another story) was going to join our family a few years back as my hubby's second wife and that it didn't work out. The three of us have had a few ups and downs since then but we seem to all be okay now. It was really hard for hubby to handle her rejection and I was angry at her on his behalf for a long time. I know that he has continued to love her through all this time and it's been hard for him to watch some of the things she's been through , or maybe a better way to put that is stuff she's put herself through. I hadn't taken his hurt into account at the time like I should have. But when I finally did I saw how heart broken he was. The two of them had to talk a lot and work through the feelings and things before the three of us could get back on an even keel. There's still parts of their talks that I don't know about, and I'm okay with that. Yes, I'm curious, but if they were going to have a relationship I had to step back and realize that it was their relationship and not my business. For about the last year, more so in the last six months there have been some talks about trying this again. She has shown a maturity that I wasn't sure she possessed in dealing with this potential situation. I'm still not sure where it will all go, but the 3 of us are taking our time this time around and talking a lot more and being brutally honest about a lot of stuff that I'm not sure we were ready to face then. That's the high lights, and I'll add more as I get time.
Clyde

Wow! That sounds intense, but I loved that you were able to step back and let them have space for their relationships. I know how hard that can be.

Back