• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Hello Again...

Doc

Real Person
I thought I would post a re-introduction on the board, as I have been out of the loop for the past several months.....

This is Doc in Orlando. Former Assemblies of God missionary and pastor, serving the Lord in ministry for the past fifteen years in Christian media, primarily radio and the internet.

I have been working a lot lately (two full-time jobs), and it has been difficult to keep up with all the information on the board. I regret not being able to make the retreat in October, but when the dates changed, I was unable to make the accomodation with work.

I just want to say "Hello!" to all the new people on the board the past several months...WOW! Lots of new people! Welcome aboard!

My story: several years ago when the marriage amendment was being proposed in Florida, I was challenged to Biblically define 'marriage'. This led me down a road of discovery regarding the issue of polygyny in the Scriptures. It also resulted in a 'crisis of faith' as to whether I truly believed the Bible, or man's interpretation of it. The choice I made was that God's Word was weightier than man's opinion.

My 'coming out' (I hate that term) regarding Christian polygyny resulted in the separation and eventual divorce with my wife of 22 years. Both of my children (daughter 20, son 18) are accepting of Dad and his beliefs, though do not necessarily agree with them.

Today I manage a Christian radio station, and my son lives with me while going to college.

Regarding relationships: after my divorce, I tried the dating scene. However, prospects tended to fall off whenever they learned of my 'weird' beliefs. This led me to consider other alternatives. I began searching in other countries, and I am very happy to report that there are actually quite a few potentials out there who are open to someone who believes in Christian polygyny. In correspondence with young ladies from Sweden, Belgium, South Africa, and Ukraine, I have developed an ongoing relationship with a beautiful young woman from the Phillipines. She loves the Lord, knows the Word better than some so-called teachers I have met, and knows and accepts my oddball status. We video-chat everyday, and I am hoping to visit her in March of 2009.

I certainly never planned my life this way, but this is how it is. I believe in my heart that the Lord desires for me to start a new family, that children are truly the greatest legacy we can leave in this world. Is this young lady the one? Maybe....we shall see. Does the Lord have a second wife for me beyond that? I don't really know. In the meantime, I serve Him daily, stay in His Word, and wait for the day that those of us who hold to this Biblical truth will be able to worship and fellowship openly with like-minded believers.

To those of you who are new to this concept, be encouraged. Read the posts from those who have traveled this road. Learn from our mistakes, and copy our successes. Let us learn from you. Share what you know and what you find out as you make this journey. After all, this really is not a journey about polygyny, marriage, etc, but rather a journey of fellowship with the Father.

Be blessed....you are doing the right thing. I do not regret my choice to follow Him.

Raymond 'Doc' Burkhart
Orlando, FL

Doc, great to hear from you - true story: I was thinking of you when I first got up this morning: "has he had to really give up thinking about Christian polygamy at all, have we (I) offended him in some way, did terrorists kidnap him? I've got to write him again, and find these things out!" Then I get to the board, and see you'd posted before I got up!

Dude, you so need to come to dinner soon - let me know what works for you.

Nathan

it is good to hear from you

Play up some Supertones Doc!

God says who he is,
And no one is higher,
God is true while men are liars.
God dosn't change with your desires,
The they get defensive,
Truth is so offensive.
They believe in nothing,
We believe in one thing.
Afraid to be inspired,
All that we desire is fire,

They have great lyrical depth for contemporary musicians. Hopefully you go against their song 'Radio Plays'

All down the AM and all up the FM dial
Tired of hearin' songs about nothin at all
Beauty thats skin deep
Love that comes so cheap
There sing so pretty bout nothin at all
All day long I hear the same 5 songs and the words go
Blah Blah Blah

The radio plays a whole lot of nothin
Wish that they'd play a song about somethin
Cuz all that you hear is so insincere
But its comin in crystal clear

:)

Thanks guys...I will try not to be so scarce in the future.

Blessings,

Doc

Doc,
So nice to know that you are still among the living. We have missed your charming sense of humor and your boyish grin. Please come out and play more often.

Lissa

Boyish grin...? :D

Hot dog! A compliment....I definitely will make the effort to play.

Doc

Hey Doc.
Good to hear from you again. Missed our talks. Haven't been around much lately either, alot going on.
Glad you are doing well.
Rick

Back