• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Hello from Alabama

chnewsun4

We live in North Alabama close to Georgia and Tennessee , W e are new to the plural Marriage . Talking about it . I studied to be a pastor , got my degrees.....But the plural thing does not fly around here with local clergy . We hope one day to pastor a church , but we will see what God has for us in the near future . My wife and I will see who the Lord brings into our life and if a church will need us . We will also pray for a godly women to enter our family , but for now we will pray . Glad to be part of the group ....God Bless

the plural thing does not fly around here with local clergy
welcome to the club :D
from us'ns over west of you in athens

Welcome to Biblical Families! I understand that plural marriage will keep most churches from considering you as a pastoral candidate. May I offer you a suggestion? If you are called of God to be a preacher and pastor, remember, the gifts and calling of God are without repentance. He doesn't change His mind. Don't change yours. Go out and win souls, organize a church and teach them the whole counsel of God, including Biblical marriage. You don't need an organization to do the work of God.

Welcome! I hope your family will find some good information and lots of encouragement on this site. I would like to invite your wife to make her own sign up so she can be apart of the Private Ladies forum. We would love to have her!

FYI, have you read about the Alabama Retreat at the end of the year yet? It will be a gret time to meet those in your area. Hope to see you and your family there.

Julie

Elders and Deacons are to be of but ONE wife. If you are a pastor, you can't have more than ONE wife. If you do marry another wife, you must step down as pastor. That doesn't mean you can't preach. It just means you don't have church authority, you just have what the Spirit enables you to do (which is more than enough).

All glory and honor to the Unseen Hero, who will be seen again soon. Period.

Hawkeyefan,
I appreciate your clear, well spoken response. but it is an indefenseable position that you are making. Rather than my repeating all the info, may I suggest you search this forum for some very good alternative points of view? I think you will be surprised! BTW, I started my pastoral ministry in SW Iowa, in 1968. Lovely country and wonderful people.

Blessings,
John

hawkeyefan said:
Elders and Deacons are to be of but ONE wife. If you are a pastor, you can't have more than ONE wife. If you do marry another wife, you must step down as pastor. That doesn't mean you can't preach. It just means you don't have church authority, you just have what the Spirit enables you to do (which is more than enough).

All glory and honor to the Unseen Hero, who will be seen again soon. Period.

Hawkeye, welcome.

I echo John's comments regarding your post above. Please research the verse more carefully and the other uses of
in the Bible. Here are some "helps" for you. I think that the emphasized use of the word "ONE" in your post is not accurately reflective of the spirit of the Word.

MATTHEW 28:1 Now after the Sabbath, as the first day of the week [mian sabbaton] began to dawn, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary came to see the tomb. (NKJV)

MARK 16:2 Very early in the morning, on the first day of the week [mias sabbaton], they came to the tomb when the sun had risen. (NKJV)

LUKE 24:1 Now on the first day of the week [mia ton sabbaton], very early in the morning, they, and certain other women with them, came to the tomb bringing the spices which they had prepared. (NKJV)

JOHN 20:1 On the first day of the week [mia ton sabbaton] Mary Magdalene came to the tomb early, while it was still dark, and saw that the stone had been taken away from the tomb. (NKJV)

JOHN 20:19 Then, the same day at evening, being the first day of the week [mia ton sabbaton], when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled, for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood in the midst, and said to them, "Peace be with you." (NKJV)

John Whitten said:
Hawkeyefan,
I appreciate your clear, well spoken response. but it is an indefenseable position that you are making. Rather than my repeating all the info, may I suggest you search this forum for some very good alternative points of view? I think you will be surprised! BTW, I started my pastoral ministry in SW Iowa, in 1968. Lovely country and wonderful people.

Blessings,
John

Hi John, do you happen to know of any group in Iowa that meets?

sorry, mw.
john has been absent from the board for a good while :(

Back