• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Hello from Asia!

IshChayil

Seasoned Member
Real Person*
Male
Hi all,
I'm so happy to have found this site.

The forums are quite helpful (I found the site a month ago but didn't see the forums!).
We are a poly family, 2 wives and 2 kids,
a little shy to be too open yet.
The country where we live is very bigoted regarding plural marriage; Muslims are allowed; it's illegal for anyone else (Catholic country).
Maybe as I feel safer here I'll open up more but just wanted to chime in that the site is a great resource already.
G-d bless everyone!

-Ish Chayil

Welcome IshChayil! I'm glad you found this site, and the forum. Your wives are welcome to join us during the ladies chat on Tuesday nights. Depending on where you are the time will be different. I'm in New Zealand and it's 11.30am on a Wednesday for me. The link to the chat is at the top of the page. They will each need to have their own account to join us. Normally it's great, there are plenty of women there and we have a great chat, I've found it well worth it. Last week there was only me there though lol!

OH I'm excited about that. I've been wanting them to have more emotional support from other families. It's so taboo here, PM. Is the ladies chat, typing on the computer chat or is it voice chat? I'm assuming typing or the voices probably would be too many.
Thanks for the welcome Sarah!

It's just typing. There's a chat box that we all type in together, or you can do private messages to each other in there as well, but that gets complicated. We can definitely help with the emotional support. There's no one here I can really talk to about this either, so I have gotten a lot of support from the forum, the chat, and the women in private over the years. They're welcome to send me a 'conversation' which is a private message as well so we can talk at any time, or any of the women on here would be happy to message each other. In saying all that, I'm not in a PM so I understand theory only, but I am always happy to talk and to learn and offer encouragement and advice where I can.

Ok seems you are 4 hours ahead of us. We are in the Philippines. So the chat starts at 7:30 am Wed morning for us. Yikes.
I'll try to get them in there. We are all kind of night owls. I'm sure it's worth setting an alarm!
Thanks again!

Great! Remember that they both need their own Biblical Families account to be in the chat.
Hopefully I'll 'see' them there, with coffees in hand ;).

Hi and welcome Ish Chayil. Great to know you are in the Philippines. Where are you located?

In Luzon. Are you in the Philippines too Frederick?

Welcome - glad to have you join us here.

Great! Remember that they both need their own Biblical Families account to be in the chat.
Hopefully I'll 'see' them there, with coffees in hand ;).
Sorry Sarah, only 1 wife wanted to chat today. She was looking forward to it then fell asleep. The time of the chat is quite early for her.
She's my 2nd wife. We'll try again next week.
I'm disappointed was looking forward to hearing how it went.

G-d bless!

Awe, she's out. Tell anyone in there sorry, we'll try again next week.

It's not a problem. Would've loved to have her chatting, but there's always next week. In the meantime she can message anyone she likes on here if she wishes to talk.

Welcome IshChayil! Good to have you and your wives here.

It's not a problem. Would've loved to have her chatting, but there's always next week. In the meantime she can message anyone she likes on here if she wishes to talk.
OK so from my "better 2/3" I have a question about ladies' chat.
Are most of the ladies in the chat currently in Plural M. or just theologically on board?
Here's why I'm asking. My gals are more excited about chatting with others who are going through the same thing. They don't want to be the center of attention in the chat by being the only ones currently in PM.
Hope that makes sense. I'm a guy so I don't totally get it but thought I feel out the normative situation.
Thanks.
also, apparently I'm a dork and don't know how to send a private message here so be patient with me if I'm not posting this in the right way.

Are most of the ladies in the chat currently in Plural M. or just theologically on board?
It depends on who shows up, so each week is different. There are a few women who are in PM's or whose husbands are currently courting someone. There's also women like me who are first and only wives at the moment. And we get women who are questioning this and just figuring it out. Normally there would be at least one woman in a PM there each week, but people get busy and can't always make it every week too. Rest assured that your wives would not be out of place or a novelty at all. If they're uncomfortable or we're asking too many questions then they're welcome to say so and we'll back off a bit. We tend to welcome new people and try to get to know them straight away and start answering their questions so they don't feel left out.

also, apparently I'm a dork and don't know how to send a private message here so be patient with me if I'm not posting this in the right way.
To send a private message scroll up to the top of the page and click on the envelope in the top right corner. On here private messages are called 'conversations', which is weird to me. Or you can click on the person's name to the left of any of their posts, then click on 'Start a Conversation'.

Back