• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Hello from Australia

Flutterfly

Greetings In Christ,

I am a headcovering, Christian widow (4yrs). I believe in headship order and know what a plural family is
about. (Not some of the weird stuff on the internet - what an uncomfortable eye opener).

At home here in Australia, I am a keeper at home. I have a 3yo son (pregnant when husband passed) whom I look after full time. I grow food in the yard and keep chickens. I am more of a back to basics type person, than a latest technology and fake nails person. I grind wheat too. lol.

I am approaching this with caution. There are some people, who don't seem to quite grasp, what Plural Marriage is about or haven't thought it through properly (or have family who don't approve and would only cause problems). I have thought it through and know that I am mature enough and clear about it. I look forward to being a sister wife one day.

In Jesus Name

Pearl

Good morning, Pearl (rather, good evening, for you!),

I have a brother in Australia about ten years now, married and living near Melbourne. He actually has an Australian accent developing :).

So nice to see you here. You must be a woman who loves the Word. More and more, we find ourselves quite different from the rest of the world in thinking, goals, and lifestyles. Yet, here we are, in the world. May we shine brightly with the love of Jesus, so that they may see we are more blessed, living a more abundant life, full of joy, and so that they may want Jesus, too, following His ways in His strength.

Hope to see more of you. We’ll keep your family in prayer.

Love, Deanne

Flutterfly said:
Greetings In Christ,

I am a headcovering, Christian widow (4yrs). I believe in headship order and know what a plural family is
about. (Not some of the weird stuff on the internet - what an uncomfortable eye opener).

At home here in Australia, I am a keeper at home. I have a 3yo son (pregnant when husband passed) whom I look after full time. I grow food in the yard and keep chickens. I am more of a back to basics type person, than a latest technology and fake nails person. I grind wheat too. lol.

I am approaching this with caution. There are some people, who don't seem to quite grasp, what Plural Marriage is about or haven't thought it through properly (or have family who don't approve and would only cause problems). I have thought it through and know that I am mature enough and clear about it. I look forward to being a sister wife one day.

In Jesus Name

Pearl

Hello Pearl,

Welcome! I am encouraged that you are approaching marriage with caution. This is wisdom. Take your time to build some relationships here. As you are well aware, you will not relate to every family. However, in time, I believe God will help you connect to a loving family that is mutually beneficial for everyone.

Welcome Pearl - we have at least 4 other members from Australia, here's one:
http://www.biblicalfamilies.org/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=83
Tasmania, I believe. Maybe the others will check here and find you. There just might have to be a retreat there at some point!

Funny, that you think Florida sounds like Queensland - I've though Brisbane sounded Florida - where I've spent half my life, and always wanted to go there - but we haven't made it yet. Maybe I could justify it for a retreat....

Let us know how we can serve you!

Nathan

Nice to meet you pearl. It is nice to find another head covering christian as my wife covers her head as well. Welcome to the forum hope you enjoy your stay.

Hello to the Land Down Under from the Bayou State. Welcome to the board!!!

Shalom, Pearl:

Nice to meet you.

Very sorry that your husband has passed away.

It is my hope that your desire to join a family will be fulfilled. From your description you will definitely be an asset.

God bless you and yours.

Back