• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Hello from Hilton Head Isle, SC

victorianlady

I am a 53 yr old female who works as a nanny and lives in Hilton Head Isle, SC. I am only interested in relocating in the south east.
Two of among many of my favorite quotes are:"All true living is meeting." Martin Buber
"So much has been said and sung of Beautiful young girls why don't somebody wake up to the beauty of older women? Harriet Beecher Stowe. So my question is -are you living? Are you meeting any beautiful older women?
I am a warm caring loving person with a heart for people-empathy is part of me. But I am blunt, opinionated and when I forget I speak without thinking. I am a listener but when I tell people that I never get to talk again even if I want to!! I am a terrible speller!! I like to flirt, laugh and have a good time-I can do this with or without a drink. I don't smoke, occasional glass of wine and I don't do drugs. I don't sleep with everyone I meet.
I am 6ft 230 , short red curly hair, hazel eyes with small glasses. I have been married twice and have 4 grown on their own kids. I was born and raised in Ohio and have lived in the southeast about 30 years with 2 years in the west. I have a small amount of college credits; I have training to be an activity director for nursing homes but I am now presently working as a Nanny. I am looking to either work full time in the home or part time outside the home. If you only want a nanny or slave I am not interested. I am not the submissive kind and if you have to have control of everything it won't work.
I am not new age, or any of those modern terms. I think I am part liberal/part conservative in a lot of things and I am still growing and changing. But I have to do it at my own pace and in my own way. That might lead you to think that I am old or old fashion-but really that's not true- I am just me!! I am liberal in my political thinking but no longer vote or take part in political activities I respect every ones right to believe what they wish. I believe we can all get along if we respect each other. I believe in God and Jesus Christ but I live by grace not by religion; there is a difference.
I love food -I eat meat and choc and anything I want and try to avoid eating things I dislike. I hate camping, gardening and most things outside. I do enjoy walking, putt-putt, a swimming pool, hot tub, occasional sporting event, sightseeing, and probably more just need to explore new interest. I have always wanted to learn to play golf but never could get anyone to teach me. So you can't say I am a complete couch potatoes or hate outside!
I have loved to read since my 2nd grade teacher hooked me by reading Little house in the big woods and little house on the Prairie to us. I love good historical fiction, and certain nonfiction books. I machine quilt, make scrapbooks, I enjoy jig saw puzzles . I watch TV and spend too much time on my computer. I love good movies.
I am really more of a city (any size) type of gal. I am a girly girl and love to shop-economically and even enjoy Goodwill but love the mall too! But always shop for what I really need and the sale rack first. I can't remember to recycle so I guess I am not really into being eco friendly and all that goes with it. Please don't write me hate letters!
I am really very simple but complicated. I am just like a Vidalia onion-on the outside I am simple but when you start to peel me you find the layers of who I really am. Some parts are sweet and some parts not so but together they make a great combination!

Ooookay. Sounds like you've posted a personals profile -- Single Woman Looking...

You are, of course, welcome here. But what brought you to an interest in Biblical Families? In Plural Marriage? What is your faith? And how do you envision a plural marriage working if you are unwilling to submit to the leadership of your new husband?

Back