• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Hello from Ohio

kathleentheoilslady

Real Person
Female
We have been married 36 years and have a yours mine and ours family. I was married in my teens and had one child and divorced after a year. Dave was married to his first wife for 13 years and had 4 children. They got divorced and she moved back to Utah and we had 2 of the 4 and she had the other 2. then we had 9 more children. They range from 49-21 and we have 24 grandchildren and 6 great grandchildren and one great grandchild on the way. And have 5 children that aren't married yet!
We both grew up in upstate NY and our parents actually graduated high school together (his father and my mother) in 1929. In 1976 their children married! When we first married we had a 100 cow dairy and then a crop farm and a logging business. Along with all that comes trucks- so Dave has drove truck also much of his life- Log truck, grain truck, equipment hauling truck. In 2004 on Feb 1st the home we had lived in for 18 years burned to the ground, God in all his mercy spared our families lives and we only lost all our worldly possessions and our pet (2 dogs and 2 cats) That was the hardest part, all the stuff is replaceable but not the ones you love! Since then we have lived in 7 different places and have ended up here in OH. 4 mo after our fire Dave was hit on head with tree while logging and it broke his hip. While healing he typed holy spirit marriage into google and discovered Polgamy was biblical. That began our journey. We were both raised christians, me in the Lutheran church and Dave in the Methodist church. After straying as a teen God worked in my life through the Amway business and changed my heart, That was 31 years ago. I love the Lord with all my heart mind and soul, he is my King. My goal in raising our children was that they also would love the Lord and walk in his will for their lives. We home schooled 8 of them and home birthed 8 of them.
By the way we don't celebrate Christmas or Easter- we are feastival keeper. Haven't for 30 years.
We are chemical and drug free advocates. I believe God gave us all we need for health in nature. But being humans we always think we know better! It reminds me of the Israelites wanderings, they got distracted when Moses went on the mountain and made the golden calf, in todays world one of our golden calves in the health care system. We are actively involved building a network of people who advocate using the medicine God gave us- Essential Oils! We annually go to harvest oils in the Northwest.
Well that is us. Look forward to meeting you and fellowshipping in the future!

Welcome.Sounds like you have many years of wisdom to share with us young folks. I look forward to reading more. Please let us know if we can be of assistance.

Welcome Kathleen! It was such a pleasure to meet you at the Women's Retreat. I look forward to getting to know you even more on the forums and hopefully a few more retreats. Blessings!

Kath,

The JP conference was PAST awesome, and can't wait to tell you all about it. My roomate and upline is quite into oils, as well, and I know you will enjoy her. I am so glad to came to the Women's conference, m'dear, and looking forward to seeing you again real soon.

Shalom,
Ali

Greetings,

Finally someone who is getting closer to me in Indiana; Karen I live in Decatur, IN about 7 miles (how the crow fly’s from the Ohio State line). We have been married for 22 years. She is the apple of my eye and between her and my kids 14 & 19, they are my world.

I too am chemical free, drove a truck for 12 years (so I know how dangerous this work can be), to keep my CDL I would have needed to stay pumped up on 7 different chemical based pharmaceutical drugs. I chose to trust God and not a test tube. I’m here as long as God has a purpose for me.

Welcome to the Family.

ybic,
Mike

Hi Kathleen and welcome!
I love your background story. God used Amway and the leadership of a godly sponsor to bring me back to Him as well. It's funny the things he will use at times. :lol:

Back