• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Hello from Seattle

Annella

Female
Hello!
I'm an only wife. I have been feeling drawn to plural marriage. I suppose I am odd in that bringing a second wife into my family is MY idea..... Not my husband's idea. I'm here to learn more from those first wives who have experience. I have had experience as a single woman dating three separate couples. But, I've never been on the couple side looking for a sister. Somewhere along the way I decided it worked much much better when the women get their friendship going and solid before the husband and the new woman get close. At least, when I was the single that worked best. I'm curious what other women experience. Thank you!

Welcome to Biblical Families.
I'm curious what other women experience.
Ladies Chat is On Tuesdays at 7:30 eastern. It'll start up again after the Holidays january 9th.
MY idea..... Not my husband's idea.
You have that in common with my wife. It seems pretty common actually. There's alot of information here if you take the time to read through the threads.I think we'd all like to here about your experiences aswell.

Welcome aboard!

And a big Hi from us outside the USA. BF is a great place to meet others and learn heaps.

Hello!
I'm an only wife. I have been feeling drawn to plural marriage. I suppose I am odd in that bringing a second wife into my family is MY idea..... Not my husband's idea.

It is more common than those who are not familiar with polygamy would think.

Welcome! I hope you find what you are looking for.

Shalom.

Yes, I must echo what others have said. It is not uncommon for wives to present this to husbands.

However, please read these forums and the entire website thoroughly! It is filled with many stories of women initiating, then having second thoughts. That's not meant to scare you, it's just a flashing light warning to seek Gods wisdom before taking action.

Greetings Annella! Glad to have you here. I am curious about how you came to wanting to date couples and join families before getting married? Would love to hear more if you want to share. I would encourage you to share a bit more on the Ladies Only Section. Also, I am a first wife and would be happy to talk with you anytime. I will start a conversation (messaging) with you so you can message with me. The newbies don't get that until they have posted a bit first.

May you find many good things here!

Back