• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Hello from South Carolina

HonestyTruth13

Hi everyone, my name is Melissa, my hubby is Christopher. We have three beautiful children ages 11, 9, and 4 months. We currently live in the Charleston SC area. We have been here now for a year. My husband got out of the Military and he decided we would come here instead of going home to Wilmington NC. We are Independent Baptist, and we believe that living the poly lifestyle is accepted from God, and it is a Blessing from him.

We like many things: movies, dinner out, historical sites, museums, zoos, going to the beach, traveling, and lots more.

My husband works in sales, I am a homebody. I'm the one that fixes everything, from boobos to house issues. I do cook too. hehe We are just a normal family, like anyone of ya'll. We are laid back, and yes everything we do is as a family.

We are open to talk or chat with anyone. Meeting new faces is a great thing. Esp. when they have the same beliefs.

Polygamy is something we have been looking into for many years. It's something that we are taking our time at, and really want to get to know people for who they are. We are not looking to rush into anything.

I look forward to chatting with you all here. Meeting new people and learning more is such a great opportunity.

Melissa & Christopher

Hello and welcome - good to have you here.

If you can make the Tuesday night chat (details on the forum index page) it would be good to meet you there in person :)

welcome

please tell us how you came into this understanding, we enjoy reading about peoples journey's.

HI Steve,

Well, I got into polygamy by accident honestly. Roughly four years ago, I read a book on a self-reliant community and they were polygamist. I got interested in the community itself, I thought it had a good quality about it. I was thinking a community that had some of the same beliefs in religion, raising children, friendship, the get togethers, everything. However, I didn't like where all of the paychecks went into a pot and the "headmaster" distributed the money the way he saw fit. After studying that aspect of it, I wanted to know about polygamy. Polygamy was something I personally had never heard of, or knew anything about. Once I started my studies on it, I found myself more into it. I had my husband interested in it also. But, I'm the researcher! The more I studied the more I became so satisfied with knowing that this was possibly something for our family. I liked the "family" things. However, I had to find out if it was biblically sound. Could I find the scripture and understand it to be a Godly Blessing.?. After studying it, I found and believed that it was biblically sound, and accepted. I started trying to contact people who lived it, to get a true experience about it. I never did find the person(s) I was looking for. But I still felt in my heart it was for us. My husband agreed. Over the next few months to year, we met several ladies that was wanting to get involved. These ladies talked a good game at first, but they became demanding. They wanted my husband to take care of them, and the demanded their own homes, the same size as ours, new cars, and spending cash, sexual encounters with myself, (which I don't flow that was), and the list can g on forever. It made us question this lifestyle. Then my husband had a vasectomy reversal, and I became very, very jealous. So I put a stop to it. I thought if I became jealous over this, then it was going to be even worse if we did find that SW. Over the past year and a half, I have tried to get a better handle over my emotions about it. Here we were a family who believed in our hearts that this is something that was our calling. I did ignore it! Now, I have taken the time to pray and ask for the answers. I always come up with the same one. So, I decided that I need to mentally prepare myself in case it came to be. I have gotten over it, and I still even today, try to understanding my jealousies, and think about any situation that may be of issue. I don't have all the answers and I am sure there will be things that I question, or become jealous over, but it's important for me to be open, able to talk about it, able to really share my concerns. It has helped me in so many ways.

We believe that God will send us that SW at his time and day. I truly believe that I was led to Biblical Families. It is so exciting to meet people with the same values of this topic. However, we are going to take it slow. Hopefully we will find that great person for us. We want to get to know people for their personality and their morals and values, more than what they look like.

We don't have all the answers, and I am sure we don't know everything about polygamy, but until we get the message to walk away, will will continue our journey. Even if we don't meet that great person, (even though I know we will), We will be so blessed that their are truly Christian people that we got the chance to interact with.

Polygamy is put out there in a negative way, and that needs to be changed.

I still think it would be awesome to live in a community or in the same area as polygamist. It's the family, friends, and people that you can openly share your struggles with and get positive feedback.

We are not able to meet at the retreats, I have three children, so that makes it a little harder to get away. We are so excited about meeting everyone here, and hopefully meeting in person! Even with the bad experiences we have, we will continue our journey.

Melissa

Welcome Melissa and Christopher! Thank you for sharing your story with us. I too am always interested in learning how God specifically worked in a family to bring them to this truth. I hope you will find the information, encouragement and fellowship you desire here. We look forward to getting to know you both better.

HonestyTruth13 said:
HI Steve,

Well, I got into polygamy by accident honestly. Roughly four years ago, I read a book on a self-reliant community and they were polygamist. I got interested in the community itself, I thought it had a good quality about it. I was thinking a community that had some of the same beliefs in religion, raising children, friendship, the get togethers, everything. However, I didn't like where all of the paychecks went into a pot and the "headmaster" distributed the money the way he saw fit. After studying that aspect of it, I wanted to know about polygamy. Polygamy was something I personally had never heard of, or knew anything about. Once I started my studies on it, I found myself more into it. I had my husband interested in it also. But, I'm the researcher! The more I studied the more I became so satisfied with knowing that this was possibly something for our family. I liked the "family" things. However, I had to find out if it was biblically sound. Could I find the scripture and understand it to be a Godly Blessing.?. After studying it, I found and believed that it was biblically sound, and accepted. I started trying to contact people who lived it, to get a true experience about it. I never did find the person(s) I was looking for. But I still felt in my heart it was for us. My husband agreed. Over the next few months to year, we met several ladies that was wanting to get involved. These ladies talked a good game at first, but they became demanding. They wanted my husband to take care of them, and the demanded their own homes, the same size as ours, new cars, and spending cash, sexual encounters with myself, (which I don't flow that was), and the list can g on forever. It made us question this lifestyle. Then my husband had a vasectomy reversal, and I became very, very jealous. So I put a stop to it. I thought if I became jealous over this, then it was going to be even worse if we did find that SW. Over the past year and a half, I have tried to get a better handle over my emotions about it. Here we were a family who believed in our hearts that this is something that was our calling. I did ignore it! Now, I have taken the time to pray and ask for the answers. I always come up with the same one. So, I decided that I need to mentally prepare myself in case it came to be. I have gotten over it, and I still even today, try to understanding my jealousies, and think about any situation that may be of issue. I don't have all the answers and I am sure there will be things that I question, or become jealous over, but it's important for me to be open, able to talk about it, able to really share my concerns. It has helped me in so many ways.

We believe that God will send us that SW at his time and day. I truly believe that I was led to Biblical Families. It is so exciting to meet people with the same values of this topic. However, we are going to take it slow. Hopefully we will find that great person for us. We want to get to know people for their personality and their morals and values, more than what they look like.

We don't have all the answers, and I am sure we don't know everything about polygamy, but until we get the message to walk away, will will continue our journey. Even if we don't meet that great person, (even though I know we will), We will be so blessed that their are truly Christian people that we got the chance to interact with.

Polygamy is put out there in a negative way, and that needs to be changed.

I still think it would be awesome to live in a community or in the same area as polygamist. It's the family, friends, and people that you can openly share your struggles with and get positive feedback.

We are not able to meet at the retreats, I have three children, so that makes it a little harder to get away. We are so excited about meeting everyone here, and hopefully meeting in person! Even with the bad experiences we have, we will continue our journey.

Melissa
Greetings Melissa from the western part of SC. I also do a lot of study on self-reliant groups(prepping) and would love to get your insight on those groups as well. Blessings to you & your family David

Welcome to you and your family from the other side of the country in the great Northwest. Charleston is familiar to me as it was the home-port for many submariners back in my days in the Navy. In which branch of the service was your husband?

Back