• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Hello. New here.

Scarletlily

Hi I am a girl from the midwest. This is my first time posting here, so Im not sure how to make a decent introduction. I have been interested in polygamy, plural marriage, and strict biblical families for a while now. Ever sense I was a little girl I knew I wanted a family, to care for children, a husband. But I always had a fascination for the "old world" kinds I heard about in the Bible.
I am very interested in the idea of being a sister wife, but still very uncertain and confused. So I joined to learn more, hopefully meet like minded people who could help.

Good to meet you ScarletLily, I'm glad you finally mustered up the courage to post! The best way for you to meet likeminded people and get a better understanding of whatever issues you're confused about would be the Tuesday night ladies chat. But also, if you have any particular questions, please feel free to post them here and we'll do our best to help.

Hi ScarletLily, it's great that you've posted an introduction :). Feel free to post any questions or anything you want to discuss. If you make it to the ladies chat on Tuesday evening that would be great as that's where most of the women talk.
Welcome to the forum!

Thank you all for welcoming me. I have heard of of polygamist and biblical family sites, browsed a few, but this is my first time interacting with one. I have been interested in the polygamist lifestyle for a long time but have never taken steps to actually practice it. But I feel like it fits my inner self. Im filled with justifiable concerns, trepidation, questions and uncertainty. I first heard about polygamy in middle school, in jokes about some Mormon students. Thats what first planted the seed in me I guess. I eventually looked into it and discovered how common it is world wide, that its in the Bible and that there are Christians who follow it.

Ive always felt drawn to the traditional lifestyle like I mentioned above. I always enjoyed doing "domestic work" around the house. Washing dishes, cleaning bathrooms, sweeping, doing laundry, even scrubbing floors quite often. And would actually be excited to be have chores delineated to me like i was important. Though being an only child a lot of the housework fell to me. From childhood through teens, I was always under the strict thumb of some male family member. Mainly my father, but also uncles and cousins, they believes in "proper" girls. I found it strangely comforting and secure to be told what to do by my father, and the others. Though part of felt confused, and other parts didn't like the control, Id sometimes feel disappointed if they "lightened up" or didnt see to me. It felt weird, but part of me liked to be under their close supervision rather than being allowed to run wild, or being insolent like girls are today. I did rebel or cause problems, but even when I was punished often I felt a weird sense of security. Like its suppose to be this way for me.

Along with domestic service, I had a lot of exposure to family life. Despite being an only child, I have a very large number of cousins. Like one aunt has eight children. The women in my family seemed suited for huge families. I helped a lot with newborns, toddlers, and young children. I loved babysitting, feeding them, and caring for them. I dont understand why but the more time I spent with them, the more I grew to love and want babies. When holding one in my arms I felt the same sensation like *it's suppose to be this way* I dont know if this is normal, or what, but its just how I felt.

Through my teens I got more and more confused about these feelings. Were bombarded all the time with ideas that Im suppose to be an independent, career woman. When I get out of high school, its straight to college, then onto some office building in a major city. All the other girls seemed happy with this, so I didnt know what *I* was meant to do.
Now that Im out I feel torn, conflicted,etc.. But I feel like I cant ignore the voice in my that wants THIS kind of life. To have a husband, be a house wife, a child bearer, and all that.

So Im hoping to learn here. Get a better understanding of the lifestyle, and possibly meet others.

Hello Scarlet! Welcome to the site! I hope you are able to make lots of new friends and find what you are looking for here!
May I ask what draws you to this kind of life, and specifically why you are drawn to poly?
I think there are lots of good conservative, traditional (and even strict!) marriages withing the Church that are fully monogamous.

Is poly appealing for any particular reason, or do you just like the 'old styleness' of it?

Welcome Scarlet. :)

If you're able to make it, you should join our online ladies chat tonight. It starts at 7:30 eastern. I'm not sure if I'll make it on time, but others should be there.

Last edited:
Welcome to Biblical Families!

This is a wonderful place to discuss matters relating to biblical family life.

We live an old fashioned life in many ways. Our children like hiking and hunting, and are competant at many old time skills/chores. To share a funny story, one day the Jehovah's Witnesses were out in our neighborhood, and they saw our boys sitting up on a hill looking over the sheep grazing along the roadside. One of them joked "So, how do you guys like being shepards?" Caleb replied "Its a job" and the joke was on the joker, who responded with "Really? You are?"
Our boys (and girls) have grown up in the country, and our "shepards" play with old fashioned slings, they make themselves, part of the time they're out with the sheep.

I think you'll find many people who are interested in polygyny, are also rural living people, who are practical, and like the simple life.

Hopefully you'll find yourself among friends, and find others you can relate to. It is refreshing to find a modern gal who wants a family. It seems many, like you described, are career focused.

I thought about the ladies chat today. I really did. But there was a mule that had to be ridden, as we are riding him for a month for his owner. I hope all the ladies had a great time!

Hi Scarletlily! Welcome :) I'm glad you found us and that you posted an introduction. I do hope you explore some the pages on this forum. They are filled with wonderful treasures written by people who understand where you are coming from. Your love for domestic duties and submission to a wise, Godly husband resonate with the song in my own heart. I pray that you find what you are looking for. Please feel free to send me a private message with any questions about the feminine perspective in a plural family.

Love and Light,
Ginny

Hi ScarletLily! (I'm new here, too). Hi Ginny: just saw above "the feminine perspective in a plural family" feel free to feel me in on that, too!

Hello from another newbie, and someone who has always felt out of place in today's society so chose to make a change back to what I knew growing up. It would be wonderful to have the opportunity to chat and compare notes and look forward to the opportunity. Sadly, I need to head to bed since it was a late night moving cattle last night and Saturdays are the family supper for the ranch and all members of the outfit so I am wiped out. Again welcome and I/we pray the best for you.

Hey A&J, can you start your own thread on the introduction page? I'm sure everyone would love to greet you.

Welcome by the way,
I did do an introduction, and hopefully it was in the right spot....but will double check. Thanks for the welcome Zec, pleasure to meet you.

Hello again Scarletlily!! So my apologies for taking so long to write back again but it is very busy here in the spring, summer and fall. Your introduction was very interesting to me and I was curious as to what your view of a "traditional lifestyle" is? We look at our lifestyle as a heritage based life, I am the 5th generation and we have on our ranch generations 6 and 7 as well, and follow many of the practices that I learned from my Great Grandparents, Grandparents and Parents. I hope you have been enjoying the site and look forward to hearing from you.

Back