• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Hello!

4everhis

Female
Hey, my name is Amber. I married my best friend Ruben in 2009 and we just had our first child last July. I am a born again believer. I am just here to find out more about polygamy I find it fascinating, and I would love to learn more. Not interested in being in a plural marriage :) can't wait to meet you all I have been stalking this board for a few weeks now, and decided it was time to come out!

God bless,
Amber

Hi Amber. Welcome. :) Plural marriage is not for everyone, and not something to go into "willy nilly." But if you are here to seek knowledge and learn more, this is certainly a good place to start. Perhaps one day, when your marriage is more mature, you may choose to expand your family. But if not, that's absolutely okay too. :D

Good to have you around, the more the merrier! Keep reading the old posts, they are very informative, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. This is a great group of very bible-focussed believers, I have and am learning a lot being here.

Hi Amber and thankyou for saying hello.

I would say I have a similar testimony to yourself. I came on this board to just read what people had to say and read the theology on here, I agree with you that PM is not for everybody. For myself I am not sure if PM is for me, but after praying, reading the Bible and reading the testimonies and theology on this forum in an objective manner, I have come to the conclusion that PM is not sin. Jesus himself preached a parable about 5 women marrying one man in the parable of the 10 virgins.

I have worked for a well known charity in the past, where I saw a lot of single mothers with kids, and it has been clear to me that there is more single women in church, than there are responsible men who are able to support a wife in marriage.

I think plural marriage is good for both successful, financially secure and responsible Christian men, and for women who are having difficulty finding a man to care for them (and their kids if they have any).

However I do not think Plural Marriage is for everybody, and I think a man who engages in PM should be someone of exceptional character. In my view there are only certain types of men who I think could be suited for PM.

But I think for the sake of the body of Christ, Plural marriage should be supported. PM should be supported to encourage Christians to have more children, Muslims are outbreeding Christians and trying to outnumber us by having more births. If more Christians are having more kids, then its going to be better for the body of Christ and children are a blessing to the Lord.

Anyway, thanks for speaking out Amber and I look forward to hearing what you have to say on the board.

Back