• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Hello

Welcome Pebble, hope you find lots of good info on this site.

Hi Pebbles,

Welcome to BibFam! There are lots of wonderful folks here. Come on in...the water is fine! :lol:

We all look forward to getting to know you and seeing you in the forums.

In Him,
Deborah

Hello again.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Confused and seeking the truth, His truth, best describes me right now.

Actually, I found this site nearly 2 years ago and has been a lurker since then.

As a Christian, I can be grouped with the Laodiceans. Though I have stopped believing in religion since my early 20s, I was secure in the knowledge that I know the basics and tried not to test the breaking points of His guidelines. Or so I thought.

Something happened to me nearly 3 years ago, which drove me back to the Bible. But this time, I began to read of things that was vastly different from what I was taught or learned when I was in my teens.

Thank you again.

Thanks.

God does work in mysterious ways.

Though I would have preferred a different way of getting me back on track, I can't questions His ways. He's will be done.

I never felt so alone in my life. I mean, there is always God and I know He has been there always for me. But I sit with friends, in church, and in the office and I'm thinking, what if they learn what I believed in, will they still treat me the same? Will the wives of my friends still welcome me in their homes?

We are largely a Catholic country and other Christian protestant denominations share similar doctrines.

But of course, when the time comes to stand up for the truth, I'll be there. I believe that it is the ultimate purpose of the daily pain I'm going through since 3 years ago, to prepare me mentally and emotionally for the things that is yet to come for those who hold fast to His truth.

But it's nice to find some kindred spirits.

Thank you.

You're certainly welcome, it's good to have you here. You'll find us kindred spirits in that we have a large respect for the Bible and try to follow it as best as we each understand it. However we do tend to disagree a bit on how best to understand it on pretty well every detail outside of polygyny! :D Which is great, a challenge to make you reconsider things in any area is very good, muscles are strengthened through exercise and so is the mind.

The disagreement is okay. I finally decided to join because I was looking for real people who lives PM and I already know how people are. :D

Back