• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Hello

EK8

Female
My name is Kate and I've lurked here for about a year before I joined. It really helped me wrap my head around what God wanted me to do.

I'm from a small town and before I got married I moved to a bigger city because of a job as a PTA. I was super close to my family and pretty open with them. I also trained jiu jitsu and that's how I met my sister wife. She wanted to train with other women and when I met her in person her husband was there. The three of us hit it off and connected through conversations about jiu jitsu and God. I didn't realize at the time that really in a sense we were dating each other.

Fast forward he asked me to marry him after God told him to ask and I said yes with no hesitstion. He had been discussing the idea of sharing a man for a while. So when he asked me to marry him it wasn't too much of a stretch. It's weird to think now that I wasn't in love just yet. Of course now I'm crazy about him anyways before me, him and Chris have been married for 14 years and have 5 kids. I now have a daughter. Having a sister wife allows me to work and know that my daughter is in good hands. It also allows me to take less responsibilities at home while I provide for the family in a different way.

It's really amazing the places God will take you in your journey if you let him. God told me to do jiu jitsu and I didn't know what it even was. He then told me to marry my husband and I didn't even know what plural marriage really was or had thought about it before. I just trusted in God and things have worked out fabulously. My husband is a great God fearing man who really has helped make me a better person. It's funny my sister wife is pretty serious and business like at times and I'm more light hearted and goofy. Our husband meets us in the middle and so the three of us are more complete.

Anyways I look forward to meeting you all. I'm really looking forward to getting support and interacting with a group of people who understand me. Not many people do now besides my immediate family.

Welcome Kate!
I have found this site to be almost as good as meeting other 'poly folk' in real life, and a whole lot better then the arguments that often occur when the subject comes up among the ignorant, self righteous majority.

I'm a first and only wife, and mom to eight. We have been open to having a two (or more?) wife family for almost 15 years, if that is what God has planned for our lives.

We are country folk that like the rural life, and growing what food we can. Recently our children started taking Jiu JITSU classes, so I can understand that aspect of your story to some degree.

I just wanted to take a few minutes while I had them to say hi. I hope to see you around, and please feel free to message me if you (or your sisterwife) ever want to chat.

I'm in a small town in central Arizona, and I think I've already filled the neighbors ears with my politically incorrect beliefs.....so friends that understand are appreciated!

Best wishes.
Jolene

Reactions: EK8
Welcome Kate. I am very excited to be the first one to tell you to check out the ladies Tuesday night chat. I win!

Welcome Kate - it's great to have you here.

Oh, and congratulations Zec on beating all the ladies to inviting her to Ladies Chat. :D

Hi Kate! Welcome. I'm new too. I am not in a plural marriage but I feel that God may have it in my future. Love your story, it is inspiring. Yes, please check out the ladies chat if you get a chance next Tuesday!

Welcome Kate! I often feel that it's those who are not looking who end up being dumped by YHWH into the most successful plural marriages, He has a plan and He makes it happen whether we're looking for it or not. Thanks for telling us about yourself, and I hope you find this site and fellowship with the ladies here valuable.

Recently our children started taking Jiu JITSU classes, so I can understand that aspect of your story to some degree.

I just wanted to take a few minutes while I had them to say hi. I hope to see you around, and please feel free to message me if you (or your sisterwife) ever want to chat.

I'm in a small town in central Arizona, and I think I've already filled the neighbors ears with my politically incorrect beliefs.....so friends that understand are appreciated!

Small world. Jiu jitsu is awesome. One of the best things that ever happened to me I will definitely have to send you a messege. I need some like minded friends.

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. This forum is so refreshing to read. I will definitely be on the ladies chat this Tuesday. I'm excited about it.

Welcome Kate! I often feel that it's those who are not looking who end up being dumped by YHWH into the most successful plural marriages, He has a plan and He makes it happen whether we're looking for it or not. Thanks for telling us about yourself, and I hope you find this site and fellowship with the ladies here valuable.

Yes I believe so too. It's the only way we could have been so perfectly matched. Our good communication skills, interests, and all of it mesh so well together. Not to mention that my husband is such a great leader. He's all I asked God for and more. I've always let the Lord lead me and plan to forever. I asked for a husband but God gave me so much more.

Hello Kate,

I'm new here as well and learning to navigate my way around. I was able to attend this past retreat and meet some of the folks. They were really warm and friendly and made me feel comfortable right from the beginning. Take care!

Back