• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

hello

ginger2

Female
does this only show to female members?
i am looking for advice in how to proceed, i will be newly divorced in april (2018) and wonder if a divorced woman can be remarried, biblically. im hoping for a family for myself and my son, hopefully with other children in the home. i already stumbled thru one 'getting to know you' that ended when finding out the man had disturbing charges in his past. theres only so much one person can go thru, i am hoping to avoid the pain next time around. (i welcome any WOMEN only to contact me at this time. i hope you understand)
ty, ginger

Hi Ginger,
First of all, welcome to BiblicalFamilies. There are some amazing people here and we look forward to getting to know you.
Your post is visible to all, however, only the ladies can respond in the "ladies only" section. We do have a ladies chat on Monday nights at 7:30 eastern time.

I am sorry you are going through a divorce. That is such an emotional and heartbreaking situation that should not be apart of anyone's story. Is reconciliation at all a possibility on his side?

There are MANY different views on if a woman can remarry (because of all the different factors involved). There are LENGTHY, and I mean LENGTHY, threads on the matter within the forum. But I hope that you are able to dig into the Scripture and seek God's plan for your life.

I hope that you are able to dig deeper in the forum and that we can all get to know you :)

Hi ginger, welcome to BF!

WifeOfHisYouth is right, there are many different opinions on whether a divorced woman can remarry. It's a complicated one that's for sure.

Since you are currently going through a divorce, and have just had a relationship break up, I'm wondering if perhaps a time of reflection and focusing on God might be best for you. Before getting into a plural marriage it's super important to be in a good space and totally focused on God and His will.

This is a complete assumption and jump here but go with me for a minute so you understand where I'm coming from. Trying to avoid pain in a relationship means that you could be coming at it with fear. Fear that you'll find out something you don't want to. Fear that it will end up like your last relationship. Fear that you will break up. Then fear leads to anxiety, which leads to jealousy etc. This is what I mean by taking some time to be in a good space so you don't have fear but are focusing on God first, could be a good idea to avoid potential problems in the future.

We'd love to have you join us for the ladies chat on Monday, the more the merrier!

Back