• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Help Support Snapper - Just Another Guy Trying To Lead

NetWatchR

Real Person
Male
There's a blogger that could use some support. He's been having a long standing row with his wife who refuses to NOT attend a church they used to go to together. The church is starting to adopt some feminist ideas by allowing women to lead services. Snapper discussed the issue with the pastor and afterwards decided that he and his family would no longer attend. The wife is rebelling, continues to attend and, recently, decided to also attend a women's bible study group led by women.

I've offered support once in awhile but there's very little traffic on his site and he could probably benefit from a few biblical counselors.

EDIT: Oh, BTW - I'm "Just Some Guy"

There's a blogger that could use some support. He's been having a long standing row with his wife who refuses to NOT attend a church they used to go to together. The church is starting to adopt some feminist ideas by allowing women to lead services. Snapper discussed the issue with the pastor and afterwards decided that he and his family would no longer attend. The wife is rebelling, continues to attend and, recently, decided to also attend a women's bible study group led by women.

I've offered support once in awhile but there's very little traffic on his site and he could probably benefit from a few biblical counselors.

EDIT: Oh, BTW - I'm "Just Some Guy"
I posted as "Ish Chayil" :). my post is "waiting moderation"

Thanks for supporting him.
my post is "waiting moderation"
really?!? surprising. I've never ran into that. Did you include any links? Wonder if that triggered, what i assume to be, an auto-mod.

Thanks for supporting him.

really?!? surprising. I've never ran into that. Did you include any links? Wonder if that triggered, what i assume to be, an auto-mod.
Well, when I wrote my comment it asked my email and all of that stuff and there was a field that said "website" I filled in biblicalfamilies.org instead of leaving their requested field blank, No links in my post though

hmm. weird. maybe because it's your first time. oh, well. Thanks again.

This one'll sap your energy. Invite them to a retreat and move on.

@mystic, could you elaborate on that a little? On what basis do you conclude that this one is a waste of energy?

Andrew, it was my gut reaction.

It's one thing to openly debate willing participants regarding the ins and outs of polygyny, quite another to take sides in a domestic matter. The phrase "mission creep" comes to mind. I also feel I should remind everyone this is a publicly-viewable forum.

debate willing participants regarding the ins and outs of polygyny
That was one aspect of it but not the only one. I believe the broader scope was biblical families. Which includes headship and dealing with rebellion.
quite another to take sides in a domestic matter. The phrase "mission creep" comes to mind.
I was just asking for support for someone who didn't seem to have a lot of it. A couple piped in a had a say. 'nuff done.
I also feel I should remind everyone this is a publicly-viewable forum.
I suck at subtlety. i don't know why this is relative. Snapper already put his issue out to the four winds, so I don't see a problem addressing it in public. Unless i'm missing something... Sometimes I'm Tyler Durden talking with Lou. "Still not getting it Lou. No, wait, ahh, almost had it"

Back