• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

SubRosa

Female
I'm pretty new to all this, but I've been working on myself for the past year and a half or so. My husband is looking for a second wife, but has been so kind and patient with me while I've sorted things out in my head. I did a lot of struggling with the ways of society and how I was raised vs. how I really feel about this deep down. I've recently found my true self, and let me tell you, it's liberating! I'm so at peace now. Don't get me wrong, sometimes those old thoughts creep back in, but not often.
About me: I'm a 35 year old wife and mother of 3 (one set of twins) with one on the way and an older stepchild. My husband (34) is a farmer/butcher/carpenter and we've been married for 4 years. We live on a farm in Arkansas. We are Torah-observant believers in Messiah and have been on this walk since just before we got married.
I'm so happy I've found this site and can't wait to meet you all and make some new connections with people who I can relate with.

I'm pretty new to all this, but I've been working on myself for the past year and a half or so. My husband is looking for a second wife, but has been so kind and patient with me while I've sorted things out in my head. I did a lot of struggling with the ways of society and how I was raised vs. how I really feel about this deep down. I've recently found my true self, and let me tell you, it's liberating! I'm so at peace now. Don't get me wrong, sometimes those old thoughts creep back in, but not often.
About me: I'm a 35 year old wife and mother of 3 (one set of twins) with one on the way and an older stepchild. My husband (34) is a farmer/butcher/carpenter and we've been married for 4 years. We live on a farm in Arkansas. We are Torah-observant believers in Messiah and have been on this walk since just before we got married.
I'm so happy I've found this site and can't wait to meet you all and make some new connections with people who I can relate with.
Welcome!
How exactly did you come to this belief?

Nice to have you here, SubRosa.

Welcome SubRosa! I hope you will find many good things here.

Welcome! Quite a few people run into this issue when looking deeply into scripture from the perspective of Torah observance, you're not the first to be led to it through this line of study.

Thank you!
We learned that it wasn't wrong in God's eyes while doing our own studying of the Bible.
Sorry. You'll learn that I ask lots of questions, but were you just studying, and then it popped, or were you studying with purpose (after someone mentioned it, someone challenged you, you were feeling led...)? Just curious about how, when, and why. There's a long running thread already on this forum about "first hearing about plural marriage". I like seeing the replies now and then.

Sorry. You'll learn that I ask lots of questions, but were you just studying, and then it popped, or were you studying with purpose (after someone mentioned it, someone challenged you, you were feeling led...)? Just curious about how, when, and why. There's a long running thread already on this forum about "first hearing about plural marriage". I like seeing the replies now and then.
I like questions! :) I don't get to talk about it much in "real life" since my family (and most friends) aren't open to the idea yet. We had heard about this way of life before our studies (thanks, Sister Wives), but didn't think much about it. We just thought of it as one of those "alternative" lifestyles. And, honestly, before we came into this walk and repented (we were heading down a very dark path, praise Yah for showing us the Light!), we had discussed having polygamous experiences of our own, but never followed through. While in deep study, we began to see it all over Scripture and those thoughts came back. We began discussing what a marriage would be like with more than one wife in the home, how it would all work, what obstacles would we be faced with, etc. and my husband kept searching and reading to make certain it was OK in God's eyes. Then we started seriously considering it and I began my (oh-so-needed) soul-searching journey. Thanks for the heads up on that thread, I'll have to check it out!

Back