• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Hi all

madag

Hi from Australia (can I say G'day here?),

I have to say, I'm breathing a breath of fresh air at the moment. About 10 or so years ago, while being a member of a local church leadership, I began to question many things that I assumed I had taken for granted simply because I was taught these things as a child. It was then I decided to prove once and for all in my mind that monogamy was God's ONLY plan for men and women. Needless to say, as many of you have also discovered, I was unable to do so. I was stunned at what I found in the scriptures.

Since then, I have found my views as an object of ridicule by so many - believers and non-believers alike. It led to the end of me being able to fellowship with my previous church. I am not a "polygamy evangelist". But it seems if the subject is ever brought up, I find I have to defend the truth; and with people getting so emotional about it, it seems to be that is what I am branded. It has led to the loss of many friends. As a result, I have primarily kept to myself, knowing that if people really get to know me then the subject will eventually surface and I'll lose more friends. Sometimes it feels safer to have knowledge and wisdom kept under wraps - which I also believe to be wrong also.

Since my wife and I became one 8 years ago (it was discussed before marriage), we've endured this alone, and personally, I felt as a man I was all by myself. And then she introduced me to this website :)

I'm hoping to make some friends here, and know that it's safe to do so.

I appreciate the fact this site exists. Good work guys :)

Madag

Hi Madag

Welcome to the board. I think you will be very comfortable here knowing some of us are in the same position as you. These believers that you talk about are like most other people, listen to what the pastor has to say but unwilling to study on there own. Then in turn the pastor tells the people what he thinks they want to here, not the truth. I hope I didn't offend anyone here. Anyway wecome again.

Dairyfarmer

Dude I feel ya. I too feel all alone. My father was a pastor of the chruch I started in. He constantly it doesnt matter what the world says all that matters is what the word says. But ironically he was unable to live that precept. I boycotted christmas and later got kick out of the church for questioning wether a woman is able to teach men according to scripture. Since my departure I have had an uphill battle tring to convince my wife (She is now convince she just needs to Accept it emotionally) I am still in the closet to my parents and to many of my friends but like you I do not back down when it comes up in conversation. Heres to you my friend and I pray that God sends you all the friends and loved ones you can handle for what ever we sacrifice for God God gives it back some thirty some sixty some a hundred fold in this lifetime.

Hi, Madag:

I can fully relate to what you're saying and feel with you. It is truly lonely out there defending - and especially living - the purity of Biblical marriage.

Now if only we weren't all so far apart! For me, personally, day-to-day, face-to-face, part-of-one-another's-lives fellowship is what my heart longs for.

God bless you and glad to see you here!

Hello madag,

From myself and Chaplains Rose up here in the Bayou State. Happy reading and God Bless!!!!

Back