• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Hi everyone from across the pond

Sarai

Female
I've just stumbled upon this site,and am currently based in the UK.What a wealth of information available,it will take months to read.So happy to see plurality talked about and discussed from a practical point of view as well.Me,Im just a newbie,but have been interested in this way of life for about 10 years now.Thanks for adding me and God bless.

Welcome. I hope there's a retreat you can attend before too long. Real-world activity and fellowship is good for the mind and heart (and even just looking forward to meeting face-to-face at some unknown date helps this member behave online.)

Last edited:
Welcome, it's nice to have you join us here.

Glad you found us, Sarai! Welcome!

Hi Sarai, welcome to Biblical Families! If you are ever up really late at night, then we'd love you to join the ladies chat. I think it'll be about 11.30pm for you though. But if you can't sleep, you can join me in completely confusing the poor Americans about what certain foods are called ;). I think NZ has it much closer to the UK than the US.

Thanks for the invite,would love to..though I tend to zonk out around 9pm due to number of littles!..I considered moving to NZ and love the sound of the place.Have you always lived there?Im asking because one of my daughters is immigrating to NZ to study in a couple of years..hopefully she will learn the haka lol.Or can pm if you like?Blessings to all and thank you for the warm welcome.

We lived in Ireland for a couple of years, other than that we've lived here (I'm Sarah's husband). Didn't spend much time in the UK while we were there unfortunately. Keep meaning to go back and visit but every year or so the number of children grows and it becomes even more unaffordable to travel - not that I'm complaining about that! If your daughter comes here no doubt you'll both feel the need to visit her, and we can invite you round for a cuppa then, so keep in touch!

Nah it would just be me visiting Im afraid,as I am on my own with the kiddoes..a cuppa sounds fantastic though.

Good question..I became interested in extended families and their arrangements in the past and present when living in an agricultural setting and learning about self sufficiency.So a lot of work..poly just seemed to make sense.Researching it from a Biblical point of view for a number of years I could find no argument against it and so the appeal grew.Add to that a profound love of children and the will to push boundaries in search of God's will..I guess the answer was quite plain for me to see.That's not to say I would pursue a poly relationship heedlessly,but when done right and righteously,I believe it can be a huge blessing.

If you and the kids ever need a base to explore the south island from, we've got a couple of rooms we free up for visitors. Our place is a bit eccentric but since you're interested in self-sufficiency you'll cope.
Now it looks like I've gone "hey, a single lady, must find an excuse to meet her in person...", which would be about the worst possible welcome you could receive on a polygamy website... All readers may carefully note that I first invited you around assuming you'd be accompanied by a husband, I'm just being hospitable! :)

Back