• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Hi everyone from across the pond

Due to a user name change, for consistency I have edited any posts above that contained references to the previous (and no longer in use) user name. In case you were wondering.

Welcome, and thanks for sharing a bit of your story...or journey to this understanding. :)

I became interested in extended families and their arrangements in the past and present when living in an agricultural setting and learning about self sufficiency. So a lot of work..poly just seemed to make sense.

The reality is that agricultural setting + desire for self sufficiency = a lot of hard work!

Most modern women are not interested in wood cook stoves, making cheese, growing fruit or vegetable gardens, canning, raising and processing healthy meat (just don't put the critter's name on the package. ...the boss doesn't like that! LOL) never mind the soap making, sewing, knitting, etc. But you are very right, it does make sense, and I have noticed a fair number of country living families on poly sites.

That's not to say I would pursue a poly relationship heedlessly,but when done right and righteously,I believe it can be a huge blessing.

To me that is faith talking, because most of us have never seen real life families that prove this is possible.

You are in good company here, as this is the common ground members here usually agree on. Discussing the details can get interesting though. *grin*

Hope you stick around and speak up.

Thanks Jolene: ).For what its worth,we practice all the things on your list lol.But theres always something new to learn-whether its in self sufficiency,relationships,or God.I think He pushes us on a daily basis to expand our knowledge and understanding.

Back