• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Hi from Atlanta GA

cdonport

Heloo... I'm a newbie :) . New to bible based Christianity and new to the concept of biblical families.... I've retaught myself by reading the bible for myself- and I understand things now on a whole different level that I couldn't comprehend while blindly following as I was before.

I've had the idea of living the biblicly based lifestyle for a long time. My dad is Nigerian and my grandfather had 3 wives. My dad's mother died while giving birth to him so he was raised by his mothers sisterwives. Its hard to act judgmental about this lifestyle when it exist on your dads side in Africa. :) But- my mother is african american- and we were raised here in the US (mineasota !) so they don't agree with the lifestyle and my mother was NOT going for that!!! ( At least from what I understand..... )

Now, I'm engaged- and I've told my fiance' that I would like to explore this. I would LOVE to have sister wives! But its deeper than that. I feel if our Father brings someone into our lives, we should see it as a blessing. It's hard to find people who think like this. I'm afraid to tell my friends and family- even my dad?!! I want to explore first and we are taking it slow. We have talked about living this lifestlye for 4 years and are just starting to act on it now. I love this site btw!!!!

Thanks for reading :)

Hello cdonport,

It must be really interesting hearing about your fathers family, did he mind not being able to be polygamous?

Welcome!!

B

Hi cdonport,

Nice to have you on board. So neat that you have such a rich family history.

Praying that the Lord will bless you as you go deeper in your walk with him and that you learn a lot from the people on this board. There's a lot of good stuff, once you sift through some of the other stuff.

Blessings,

CB

Hi from S.C.! We are happy to have you on this site. There are some very nice people on BF and you will gain knowledge and good friends so enjoy and welcome!

Lacey and James

Hi, Cdonport, and welcome!

I had the great privilege of being in Iraq for three years, part of which was spent amongst powerful Ugandan Christians. Oh my, what fellowship!

Several were from plural families, and it was the "natural-ness," if I may coin a term, of pm in the African culture that helped to solidify my own hard won beliefs that it was for today. I have wondered, (seeing as it was Western missionaries who mistakenly thought they were making a stand for the King and His righteousness by requiring African believers to divorce their other wives,) if God might not mightily use African Americans in our culture to reverse the damage? It will be fascinating to see how this plays out.

Welcome, Cdonport! Glad you found us. I hope you will join in on Tuesday nights for the Ladies Chat. It is a good way to get to know some ladies on this site. Look forward to knowing you better.

Julieb

Sorry everyone I've been MIA in responses- I joined board- lost website- then forgot log in..... so I became a lurker again... :roll: But, I'm back. ALOT has happened since I wrote that first post. We actually met someone, she moved in, everything was great, and then we realized she wasn't officially divorced and it went downhill from there....

But, my hopes are still high and I still believe that God is leading us this way. I've had a chance now to experience the lifestyle first hand and even with the rocky roads I would do it all again! Cant wait to share and get to know more of you on here!!

- Love from Atlanta

Back