• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

hi from texas

pumpkin

Hey everyone. I just attended my first retreat and I.am really glad to meet several of y'all...and hopefully I will get to another one sometime

Hey There Pumpkin!

I am so glad you were at the Dallas Retreat! I hear you hit the jackpot and mother of all Retreats!

Even though I could not attend this one, my heart and spirit were there with you all! I hear the worship time was awesome! I'm soooooo blessed that Andrew's family led live worship. It was so cool to hear that both Julie and Nita were able to attend this retreat with Nathan. :cool: I'm really proud of Nita for going, and I heard she shared a wonderful testimony of what the Lord is doing in her life.

There are so many new people to meet now. I guess even though a lot y'all do not post on the BibFam.org board, you've been around for awhile. I look forward to meeting everyone and we all becoming one very close knit family. I miss you all and I haven't even met everyone yet!

I'm blessed beyond words (who, me? LOL) that there were so many examples of successful families who clearly love one another and have become united in their hearts and spirits! Praise the Lord for that! It is about time we all see that Biblical Plural Marriage CAN and DOES work! YeeHaaaa!!!

I've seen your name on the board, but I can't quite place you. Can you share a recap of who you are and some of your testimony please or tell me where I could read it in the forums? I hope you post more about your experiences at the retreat and more about how you came into the knowledge of the Biblical Plural Marriage lifestyle.

May the Lord bless you richly for taking the time out of your life to give the Him your praise, worship, and attention! I know His heart is blessed for your decision and He is proud of you for your obedience in following His Spirit! :D

With Love In Him,
Deborah,
(Steven's Very Blessed Second Wife) :lol:

pumpkin said:
I'm still fairly new here and I haven't done much posting yet

Hi Again Pumpkin,

Well then, welcome to BiblicalFamilies.org! I really look forward to seeing your additional posts and getting to know you better! :D

I thank you for joining us and am happy to have you here. :D

With Love In Him,
Deborah

hey pumpkin,
it was good to meet you.
missed you on sunday, we had much longer (read; great) worship :D

Hi everyone ...so tell me..Where is the best place for a single woman to go to find a family...still very new ans could use some advice...ty

Start with prayer. Best place is personal interaction with the people you already know in your life. Failing that, we have an introductions service under "resources" at the top of this webpage, to put people we know are legit in touch with each other. Don't trust unsolicited emails or private messages you might receive after making your last post, unless you have already met them and know they are genuine or someone else can verify that, the internet is full of scammers and BF is by no means immune. Polygamy also attracts a few nutcases as well as decent men, wouldn't want you to end up in the wrong situation.

Hope that helps.

Retreats! However, I strongly suggest that you get on the Tuesday night women's chat to get to know some of the ladies and take their advice above any other. The sisters do extraordinarily well at looking out for one another, and I've noted significant motherly/sisterly instinct when it comes to their interaction with single ladies new to the group.

And now, a word of caution said in love... Local fellowship could be great, but take your time and bring a friend. Membership doesn't mean people are vouched for here, though we can vouch for some members. Some of us families have Skype or similar video conferencing ability, we employ it with friends and family frequently. If you do meet someone locally or via road trip, bring a friend or two. Those men I have had the pleasure of befriending share a thoughtful and protective nature. Consider what you would do with any other online friend for the first meeting.

Hi everyone....looked under resources and couldn't find anything about an introduction service...I have had a couple of experiences so far where the husband liked me but the wife didn't really want to do polyg....it does hurt you know to invest time with couples who aren't in agreement about what they want....so hoping to find peeps who really want a sw and not a maid or a babysitter....

Hello and Welcome from Houston. I'm not extremely active here on the boards but I try to keep up. Hubby and I did not make it to the retreat, it was not good timing for us. Ill look for you on the ladies board. I look forward to getting to know you better.

Trisha

Hello Pumpkin I am also from Texas lovely town of Tyler Texas famous for the yellow roses that they sing about.nice to meet you keep in touch Sister Nancy blessing sent your way.

Back