• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Hi from WA: Oreslag's Wife

Diener

Real Person
Hello everyone!

My husband has been on this site for awhile and as I have gotten to read through some of the posts on here, I am encouraged and impressed with the tone of this forum. It is very respectful and Biblically grounded instead of merely speculative. I have tried to broach the topic of PM here and there among my sisters in Christ and most of the time, once I point out the most obvious Biblical passages that show that PM is not a sin, they simply defer to "conviction of the Spirit in our heart" that it is wrong. I don't take it any farther at that point just because if they can't serious contemplate what the scriptures have to say about it over their own narrow view, then all the talking in the world won't make any difference. God's Word should be the only one they need.

I am not quite sure what I should say for an introduction, so I suppose I will just give a brief description of my life as it is now. I married my master back in 2008 and since that time we have been working on building a family. I have suffered two miscarriages and an abdominal pregnancy, but the Lord has blessed us with a beautiful boy back in January. We don't believe in using birth control, so each time the Lord see fit to open my womb, I submit gladly to it. I love being a new mommy again and wish I had more childbearing years left in me. Alas, I didn't meet my master until recently, and this, too, was all in God's hands. So, we take one day at a time and see what He will do for building our family, in whatever way He sees fit. That might mean He will bring along an other godly woman to help build my husband's house, or it might mean He will just give us one son together and that will be the sum of our family in this generation. I trust Him completely in this since only He can make Good choices. How I wish I had trusted Him when I was much younger so I didn't waste all those years.

Cheers,
Laurie

Welcome to the board and glad to have you here. God bless you sincerely and congratulations on your precious son.

You are correct that we do see Plural marriage throughout the Bible. For myself I havent embraced PM fully, but am praying about it and searching the scriptures regarding it.

God bless you and thankyou for your encouraging testimony

Glad to have you here, Laurie.

Thank you all. It is nice to be in a place where I can talk about all this and learn from others that are living it. And like my husband, I hope that we will be able to find godly spouses for our child(ren) eventually!

AussieGuy30 said:
Welcome to the board and glad to have you here. God bless you sincerely and congratulations on your precious son.

You are correct that we do see Plural marriage throughout the Bible. For myself I havent embraced PM fully, but am praying about it and searching the scriptures regarding it.

God bless you and thankyou for your encouraging testimony

Thank you, though I will admit that I can't really claim that I have embraced it fully, yet, either. Agreeing that it is not a sin (which I came to believe six years before I met my master) and walking into it without fear are two different things!

The passage in the Bible that was the epiphany moment for me was 2 Samuel 12:7-10:

7 Then Nathan said to David, "You are that man! The LORD, the God of Israel, says, 'I anointed you king of Israel and saved you from the power of Saul. 8 I gave you his house and his wives and the kingdoms of Israel and Judah. And if that had not been enough, I would have given you much, much more. 9 Why, then, have you despised the word of the LORD and done this horrible deed? For you have murdered Uriah and stolen his wife. 10 From this time on, the sword will be a constant threat to your family, because you have despised me by taking Uriah's wife to be your own.

From this passage it became very clear to me that:
1. Polygyny was not a sin, or God wouldn't have given David all of Saul's wives. ( I would like to point out here that Saul was dead by that time.)
2. Polygyny is not adultery, or God would have punished David for having Saul's wives.
3. David's sin was taking a woman that belonged to a living man.

I must have read this passage many times growing up, but never understood. After I realized what it was saying, I searched the scriptures very thoroughly and could not find anywhere that God called it a sin and so I had to agree with God that it was not.

Good luck on your own journey and I hope you find great contentment in walking the path He sets before you, whatever that is!

Hi Laurie.

Welcome to biblical families, and what a fantastic first post. It is amazing that you discovered PM 6 years ago, by yourself.

For me, I always knew it was there, but just somehow ignored it, until about 3 years ago.

I wish you all the best for your family endeavours.

Regards,

ylop

ylop said:
Hi Laurie.

Welcome to biblical families, and what a fantastic first post. It is amazing that you discovered PM 6 years ago, by yourself.

For me, I always knew it was there, but just somehow ignored it, until about 3 years ago.

I wish you all the best for your family endeavours.

Regards,

ylop

To the emboldened, imagine my surprise when she found me on perfectmatch.com! Since my profile made clear I was a Christian man looking for a wife, she sent me a note asking my opinion on four theological points; one of which delved into marriage and what made a man and woman married. To be honest, I took a look at her photo and couldn't understand what she would want with me, and so I reckoned she was baiting me for sport and resolved to take the evangelical opportunity to write a thesis. To my even greater surprise, she was even more enthusiastic after reading my response. I was even more surprised to learn shortly thereafter that she would have been willing to be my second wife if I had chosen for some reason to stay married to my first wife (whom I had left four months prior and with whom I was in the midst of a very nasty legal divorce battle).

Our Lord certainly works in mysterious ways, and the joke was on me! It seems He must often be pleased to watch us fumble about and discover to our amazement that the situation we find ourselves in is exactly what we wanted but didn't know we wanted, exactly what we needed but didn't know we needed, and exactly what He himself made happen 'magically' when all our own efforts have failed consistently for decades. Praise God!

Laurie,

Sorry for the belated welcome to BF! It looks like you are making friends already! If you guys are connected with any other families up in your part of the world, keep them informed of what we are doing here. We are looking to build a stronger network of families in the West, to provide more fellowship for families.

Blessings from Korea,

Doc Burkhart

So glad you found us Laurie! I hope we can be informative and encouraging to you and your husband. I hope you will take some time to read post that interest you and also read some threads on the Ladies Only section. We have a ladies chat at 7:30 pm EST if you are able to come. I know it is pretty early for all the West Coasters but if you have the time around 4:30 (you don't need to be there right when it starts) we would love to have you join in. You must have JAVA running on your computer for it to work, though. The link to the chat site is at the top of the Forum listings.

I look forward to getting to know you.

Blessings!

Thank you both! We are going to try to be a host family here, so we are trying to connect with others!

Yes, I am trying to search the forums for topics that I have been wondering about, but I have to fit that between taking care of my 10 mo. old and chores. ;) I am looking forward to trying out the chat on Tuesday!

Back