• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Historical Mormon polygyny

In 1890, the president of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Wilford Woodruff issued a manifesto that led to the end of plural marriage.

Plenty of mainstream LDS still practice 'the principle' including our nearby neighbors. They're fellowshipping with us these days but for a long time they were going to their ward/stake meetings and no one said a thing about them being poly.

I'm actually a big fan of Mormon fundamentalist beliefs regarding polygyny even if I don't agree that all their beliefs are biblical. As Ruth pointed out to me, they're so gentle and understanding of their wives. That really goes along way with some women.

I'm actually a big fan of Mormon fundamentalist beliefs regarding polygyny even if I don't agree that all their beliefs are biblical. As Ruth pointed out to me, they're so gentle and understanding of their wives. That really goes along way with some women.

I tend to be curious about them.
Just very little opportunity for one to encounter them in my area or if not then I am not not moving in the correct circles to have the encounters.

There were apparently more than one community out in west Texas...not just the groups that Jeffs lead. One in particular I wish I could remember where it was...place we would pass when I was a kid. Neighborhood in the middle of nowhere with mansion sized but very plain looking houses. Always wondered...but that community is quiet obviously.

Back