• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Hitting the news today.....

comment on "breeders"

interesting that his actions speak louder than his words.
words=breeders
actions=provider

the sad thing is that men are taught more about breeding than about providing, if they embraced poly this might change.

I am not completely up to date on all the most recent posts, so if someone has already posted this link I do apologize in advance.

The only thing I have issue with in the article is the assumption that a highly educated person would never choose polygyny.

http://www.slate.com/articles/double_x/ ... r_all.html

I stirred the pot a little and posted the link in an anti-poly facebook group. Well not technically anti-poly - they just want to rescue abused women and children of poly. Naturally most of the people in the group are vehemently anti-poly.

eternitee said:
I stirred the pot a little and posted the link in an anti-poly facebook group. Well not technically anti-poly - they just want to rescue abused women and children of poly. Naturally most of the people in the group are vehemently anti-poly.

I don't know why (sure I do) but I would really like to know how that turns out. I wonder if they can seperate the abuse issue, which occurs in all 'forms' of marriage, or is it so engrained/tied/fused that they... just can't.

First comment (female): I want multiple husbands if men can have multiple wives
Second comment (male): I could not handle multiple wives
third comment (female): let's advocate "gay poly marriages"

so nothing too reactionary so far :)

There are a few of us (poly peeps) hanging out in the room. We went in with the clear intent to engage in conversation, but refuse to get drawn into tit for tat arguments or "flaming". Every once in a while we drop a thought in. So far most of the response has been positive or neutral. The one person who engaged in "shoo shoo go away" was told by the group admin to be respectful.

Sounds like a pretty temperate group and well moderated. Cool

Back