• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Holiday Traditions

RainyLondonFog

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Female
Since Christmas is almost here I thought it may be fun to share some of our holiday traditions with each other. Here are some of ours

- everyone getting a Starbucks and driving around to look at Christmas decorations/lights on houses.

- decorating the inside of our house while listening to Christmas music.

- Letting the kids open presents on December 24th instead of 25th so we can visit all our local family on Christmas. Doing two separate days helps the little kids not get overwhelmed also.

- Signing up to ring the bell for Salvation Army.

What are some of the things you do to bring out the Holiday joy?

We do the Christmas light looking and hot chocolate.
We have a big family dinner on Christmas Eve and enjoy family fellowship.
We’re not big on traditions, so every year is different.

Until this year, we lived near a big Mall area. On Christmas day we would ride our bikes all around the empty parking lot. It sounds silly but it is so fun to ride bikes in what usually is a busy parking lot.

I buy Toaster Strudel for the month of December. (I don't buy them any other time) I love those things!

We always have a bowl of fresh whole nuts to crack open.

We read the "Christmas Story" and Nathan sings "Glory to God in the Highest" VERY loud when the angels arrive.

Lots of family and food!

We do the Christmas light looking and hot chocolate.
We have a big family dinner on Christmas Eve and enjoy family fellowship.
We’re not big on traditions, so every year is different.

Having a big dinner with the family is great! We're doing ours on Christmas Eve with just my hubby and kids and hubby. This year instead of tradition Christmas dinner, the kids suggested doing Chinese food so our oldest said he would help me because he knows some things like prepping wontons and egg rolls are time consuming.

Doing something new every year sounds fun! :)

Last edited:
Until this year, we lived near a big Mall area. On Christmas day we would ride our bikes all around the empty parking lot. It sounds silly but it is so fun to ride bikes in what usually is a busy parking lot.

I buy Toaster Strudel for the month of December. (I don't buy them any other time) I love those things!

We always have a bowl of fresh whole nuts to crack open.

We read the "Christmas Story" and Nathan sings "Glory to God in the Highest" VERY loud when the angels arrive.

Lots of family and food!

This made me so happy Julie! I love the idea of riding bikes to the empty parking lot when you guys lived by one. That does sound awesome! I know it's different but it reminds me of my grandma. I don't remember which holiday it was, either Thanksgiving or Christmas and she left our house to try to get something at the store and I went with her. I was pretty young, I think first or second grade. The parking lot was empty and she started doing donuts in the parking lot! Then she whispered to me, "Don't Tell anyone." And I never did until after she passed away and I was an adult. I remember my momn shocked but smiling when I told her. :)

Haha I get the not buying them strudels all the time, that's how we are with our Starbucks, once awhile like looking at lights. Not having it all the time makes it fun. :)

Thank you guys for sharing what you do. I was smiling the whole time while reading. :)

Last edited:
Back