• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Homeschooling

When I was young and naive I used to post on a NZ parenting forum
Lol! When I first got internet (2007, I was late to the game) I was on a breastfeeding mamas chat group. I briefly mentioned that I like to be discreet when in public. Oh man, those crazies unleashed on me. :mad::mad::mad: It took me a looooonnnng time to want to brave social media again.:eek:
I haven't been as strict with Noah or Miriam as I was with the others though, and that's really showing itself now.
I'm having the same problem.

I was going to post this in a different conversation, but I thought it would be taken better by women, moms and wives. So-Homeschooling or educating at home, isn't all about bookwork, meeting the States required table hours, passing tests, completing a years worth of curriculum, or memorizing historical events. Though these things are important and have a place. We are bringing up the next generation. What little 'seeds' of feminism (or other lies) are in our homes? I know one for me is a phrase I have come to despise, it makes me want to puke-because I've seen it played out in a family. I hate the phrase ' if momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy'. This phrase, I whole heartedly believe is a 'seed' in our minds-it's a lie. I think this phrase is a part of the feminist agenda. "Boys tippy toe around your momma today 'cause she's not happy", says dad as he rushes out the door (maybe thankful he has a job-a place of escape). This then leads to those grown boys becoming husbands and that 'seed' was planted, to make momma happy, they try to make sure their wife is "happy". (There's a difference here-husband thinking of wife and brings home some chocolate and the tiptoeing man trying to make "momma happy"). We may be teaching our boys 'keep them happy' and I 'get peace' and our girls (they will be momma's someday) to live on emotion. Sorry but feelings aren't facts, we must get hold of them bring them to God and teach our children to bring them before God as well. When we are angry it's okay- Don't sin in your anger. When we are hurt- okay, take it to God, but don't take it out on other people. Bring your thoughts and feelings to the Throne, we must teach our children to as well. Many of these things need to be taught and we need to realize they might not be caught...What makes a momma happy one day, may not the next. Often we base happiness on an emotion, how we feel...God isn't the author of confusion...but of a sound mind. I have to question myself- is this situation I have brewing in my mind/heart fact or feeling? God will show us, if we ask for wisdom He will give it! Our joy needs to be based on our relationship with God(IMHO).
We can choose to be content, but I think happiness is an event based emotion. I'm happy when my house stays clean for an hour, when my kids are well behaved, when my hubby comes home from work, um with chocolate....
I talk to my kids as phrases come out of their (or other people's) mouths.
Is this truth or a funny lie?
My point, if there is one is: what are we inadvertently teaching our children-actually Gods children that He has made us stewards of. What things or attitudes are we letting go because we're to tired to correct? What are we to do to make corrections? First seek God in this matter, whatever it may be. He will show each of us, if we ask for wisdom-He is able to give it, if we're willing to do something about these (lies, deceits...) He will give us the strength to do what is necessary to 'prune our garden' so to speak. Beware, our own hearts may have some deep rooted 'seed' that will need to be dealt with as we take care of issues our children may have. Beware of self righteousness. Know that I'm far from perfect, I admit it, I also admit I easily see other's errors before I see my own. I was taught this by growing up in a critical home. (Another 'seed' that is hard to see has taken root, again, in my heart, some seeds others may not see, only you and God do. Don't ignore them).
I look at life as a garden. You all know gardening is a lot of work. Those weeds pop up over night it seems. There's pruning to do on a regular basis. Sometimes there's pruning we didn't even realize needs to be done, until we learn more about that plant (or a truth). Oh, nuts more work. Don't ask God for wisdom if you aren't willing to hear what he has to say. And let us not forget our own heart(garden) as we get the weeds out of our children's hearts, out of our home, our traditions. Okay this is way to long.

Back