• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Homesteading?

NickF

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Male
If you're someone who is making a go of it homesteading, I wanted to put this out there.

My mission in life is to equip the saints to survive and thrive through the coming troubles. My profession is as an ecosystem engineer and systems analyst. In regular speak, I tell people how to design a landscape to do a lot of the work for them.

I normally charge big multinational corps, rich dudes with doomsday bunkers, and their ilk, $500 per hour for my opinions.

I charge ordinary landowners $100 per hour on site plus travel time/expenses.

However if you're reading this and in this community. I want to gift you a consult. No strings attached, just looking to make connections and forge friendships. I travel all over the USA multiple times a year doing consulting tours. Normally don't go much further north than IL-IN-OH-PA. All the way to the East coast VA-NC-SC-GA,FL. The Gulf Coast AL-MS. Of course lots of trips to the AR-MO-TN-KY area, and multiple yearly trips to TX-OK.

If you are curious and interested, shoot me an email with "consulting biblical families" in the subject line. I can't promise I can make it or help. But I want to.
I currently have 30+ people on a waiting list for a consult, but I can probably fit the few people in this group interested without too much hassle. It's normally only a half to a full day of my time so not a huge sacrifice on my part. But it's normal for me to save people tens of thousands in mistakes in 30 mins.

Again, this is not a sales pitch because I'm offering this completely pro-bono.

Headed on the road for almost 2 weeks with my wife and kiddos (rare we go as a family). I'd love to help some of you guys if I can, and if we do nothing other than visit and fellowship, no big deal.

Nice offer.

We are not in your neighborhood, but are working that direction. I echo the other poster that it is a nice offer.

My favorite homestead critter is hair sheep. Low maintenance, excellent meat, the milk and anything you make with it is incredible, and they can be as friendly as a lap dog too. Add to that the fact that they are non discriminating grazers that STILL give sweet milk eating nasty bitter plants and you can easily see why in my book they beat goats, or even mini cows, for small areage.

Only down side to keeping such plant eating beasts is that they like garden veggies and fruit trees too. It's just a bit like trying to keep lions and lambs for the people trying to raise both.

@NickF
Would you be open to conversations via email...if nothing else helping to shoot down wrong ideas or enable good ones to move to the top?

We are currently looking for the right situation...they are significantly thinner on the ground now than just a very few years ago obviously. So doing my best to get my criteria ducks in a row so that when the right one comes along we will have the confidence to pounce.
Your willingness to kick in your experience in this respect is much appreciated.

Would you be open to conversations via email...if nothing else helping to shoot down wrong ideas or enable good ones to move to the top?

We are currently looking for the right situation...they are significantly thinner on the ground now than just a very few years ago obviously. So doing my best to get my criteria ducks in a row so that when the right one comes along we will have the confidence to pounce.
Your willingness to kick in your experience in this respect is much appreciated.
Of course! Happy to chat or email back and forth. Actually less time consuming and expensive for me. So if that works better for you, it's a win/win. nick@homegrownliberty.com. And if you want to hear some of my podcasts from years ago, you can find them along with blog posts over at homegrownliberty.com

Shalom and thanks, @NickF When you next spend a few days in SC, drop me a note. We have a loose knit network of homesteaders and adding more all the time. All are patriarchal and accept poly, many are members of this forum, varying degrees of activity. Homesteads vary rom grid tied to complete off grid. We love to host you for a day or two.

Back