• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Hospitality Courtship

CecilW

Real Person
Male
... straight from the half awake early morning state where either God or last night's pizza speaks ... (I kinda think this is the former as there hasn't been any pizza for DAYS. :lol: ) ...

2nd+ Wife Courtship Made Easy:
  • Find a woman in need of a husband
  • Be hospitable -- treating her always as an honored and treasured guest
  • If you ever ealize that she's no longer a "guest", repeat steps 1 and 2

... or just tell Cecil to go back to sleep. :lol:

Well heck, Sounds to me as if that works just as well for a first wife as well. :lol:

Dave

Shimon said:
Well heck, Sounds to me as if that works just as well for a first wife as well. :lol:

Oops. Actually, I think it kinda DID, in Cindy's and my case, except that I'm not sure how well I did at treating her as honored and treasured at first. *sigh*

CecilW said:
Shimon said:

Oops. Actually, I think it kinda DID, in Cindy's and my case, except that I'm not sure how well I did at treating her as honored and treasured at first. *sigh*
Well you must have done something right. :mrgreen:

dang,
you set such high standards

[quote="sadanyagciWell you must have done something right. [/quote]

Or God fixed it. Maybe "protected" was an adequate start, I dunno. I was kinda a mess myself -- more of a mess myself -- at the time.

I AM quite sure that God's grace worked overtime all 'round.

Haha I met a girl and let her move in cause her and her kids were on the street. I told her this up front "No drugs, we are all Christian and we believe in Plural marriage so if you see our friends come over and they have more then one wife don't be surprised." Her response "That is so cool". I was kinda shocked so maybe? Her and Becky really get along good, so maybe time will tell.

Revgill87123 said:
Haha I met a girl and let her move in cause her and her kids were on the street. I told her this up front "No drugs, we are all Christian and we believe in Plural marriage so if you see our friends come over and they have more then one wife don't be surprised." Her response "That is so cool". I was kinda shocked so maybe? Her and Becky really get along good, so maybe time will tell.

Rev Gill,

I don't know if this girl is a surrendered Christian are not, but I'm always amazed at how understanding people who aren't close to the Lord are about Biblical marriage. We recently told a dear friend of ours, that isn't Christian, about pm and no problem or judging from him.

I think that is wonderful that your wife likes her, too! Keep us posted.

Michelle

Aparently she has been studying the bible about PM. Weird how she came into our lives after wanting to know more about PM and yes she is saved. Now it's learning if she is here for a reason, a season, or a life time. :D

Revgill87123 said:
Aparently she has been studying the bible about PM. Weird how she came into our lives after wanting to know more about PM and yes she is saved. Now it's learning if she is here for a reason, a season, or a life time. :D

She is saved, your wife likes her, so it seems it is meant to be! :D I'm sure God will give you the answer through prayer and time.

Back