• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

House Structure - Rules, Systems, and Traditions

I have been thinking about having a signet ring made representing the house. Something with a family crest that can be passed down to the first born of each generation or maybe having one made as each son comes to age. I wanted to have it inscribed, to be a reminder for who this house serves, and it got me to thinking what other things do people do when establishing their houses.

What kind of structures have you put in place when setting up your house, i.e. Family Crests/Coat of Arms, Mission Statements, Weekly Family Meetings, Inheritance trusts, Mandatory Game Nights, Hardship Fund, ect. Things that you as the patriarch set in place and expect the rest of your family to adhere to. Your law so to speak.

Friday night is our family movie night. Period. We all come together and watch a movie.

Aside from that we live on a ranch and things happen and we roll with it.

We have a family game/movie night on Friday, mission statement, setting up a trust this year is on my to-do list. We're intensely discussing the benefits to living a more tribal/clan focused family life. My sons only have the opportunity to play video games for 30 minutes on saturday IF they accomplished all their required chores and tasks for the week. They are only permitted that play time if they were responsible enough to get their work done.

Back