• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

How best to promote patriarchy and polygyny

I have learned over the years that I can pour unlimited logical evidence into what is the leaky bucket of emotional need and never fill it up. At a very high level, I think using logic to meet need is the name of the game. In the marketplace it manifests as a payday which can fund fun and food, of the breaking of the one loaf into the thousands of pieces needed to feed the family.

So here is how I try to feed good food to the sheep in my life.

1) Faith in Yah and the principal of a single source of authority for a plural body of believers ( biblical family | Christ and the Church ) being the best way to grow family in this world. Families of the world will definitely not get this as easily, but have been hypocritical towards both love and faithfulness through their support social serial monogamy. This 'usage' of each other in the limited context of immediate monogamy for temporal pleasure will be far more damaging to women then men, the longer it goes on. As women get used in this hypocritical way of seeking a polyamories lifestyle, their value will 'decay' at a greater rate than men, and a lot of them will be fruitless in the sense of not inheriting the blessing of having children. Men can have children at any age if they have the resources. Which brings us to point 2.

2) Opposition of adversity against patriarchy - We must oppose adversity because adversity opposes us - otherwise we will be eaten and we will see the women and their potential children destroyed first. The church is currently complicit to this, and is instead focused on minting new believers. I'm not against bringing people to faith, but I think getting people past the maturity level of what has become 'spiritual elementary' is equally important. Salvation is the doorway to a becoming a mature member of a family - not an excuse to feel great and do whatever we want whenever we want.

I think most people here at biblical families have at least begun participating in the first two.

3) Hypocrisies in current believers - We really do need to be clear about this. The issue internally is we are dealing with 'righteous' people. A person righteous in their own mind won't be willing to accept a course correction (repentance) to believe the entirety of the biblical text - which is fully the most loving thing ever given to mankind. If you are sharing the truth of polygyny and you get something like 1 Timothy 3:2 thrown in your face, this is essentially what they are trying to do to you - to help you reach repentance. We know this verse is no evidence at all to those who have dug a bit deeper - but they are trying to convert you! We need to flip this script - people that 'sowed wild fields' and then settled down with one woman only to adamantly defend monogamy are on seriously faulty ground and helping to support the whole 'male sex drive is bad' narrative the culture runs with. We need to help the sheep find a road to true repentance before we can expect the church to be fruitful and replenishing again. You can also point out how when God creates monogamous animals in nature, they are always actually monogamous (one partner for life) and this can help revert their broken definition of what 'monogamy' is.

4) Hope in Yeshua, and the Law - Now, you do have one final issue that really complicates the entire thing - and that is what is the nature of the Torah and old testament writings. Obviously, if the old testament can be tossed off into a faith driven world where morality is overwhelmingly rhetorical in nature - then who knows what could happen? However if we could engender a reasonable respect for the original scriptures and bring it back into the light it was meant to be cast in (that it is the nature of Love when Spiritually fulfilled) than maybe things could go back to being in line with the true Tzelem Elohim for our families. So I focus on teaching that the law is good, that Yeshua fulfilled the law in that he fully embodied Love, and that in the law you see a heavily provisional patriarchal nature - a giving of self for the health of the family - and that the desire for a bigger family is a blessed desire, not something to be ashamed of.

5) Finally, be Attractive - and I'm talking about more that facial symmetry. The qualities of 'selflessness' often get seen as unattractive and the nature of hypergamy can even cause it to be seen as a type of weakness that the woman could resent if she can control the man and manipulate him. You can't lose these feminine traits as they are soft and helpful to family, BUT modern women are heavily masculinized so you really have to go extra far to appear masculine to them. So, to balance this - I am heavily focused on making as much money as possible, being as fit as earthly possibly, keeping myself well groomed and attractive, and really focusing on embodying primal attractive masculine traits and are typically desired by women. All of my 'selfish' time goes to improving my skills, my fitness, my overall capabilities in the world. Obviously I'm competing to bring home bread to my own - which is really what patriarchy is all about. The full embodiment of the softer skills of selflessness that it really takes to raise a loving family with a more assertive, dominant, and unapologetic approach to being patriarchal in nature with Yah at the center might be the meat and the secret sauce, so to say.

To those families here blessed to be living witnesses in their marriages, just keep that up. I am thankful to Yah for the growing witness.. It is the ultimate way to express support - by accomplishing the very thing itself in Love.

Last edited:
Promote results of patriarchy like successful marriage. Teach people good techniques like man making final decision. Let people taste good fruit before explaining theory.

Yesterday we had a relevant (to our situation) conversation at our hosting day. The conversation at the table with several other ladies was all very relevant and about how in a generation people changed from having and wanting big families....come from a family of 11.....to only have three kids and act like that was too many. So many expressed wishing they had a closer or bigger family.

I had already had a conversation about patriarchy and even polygyny with one gal there with her man. Their relationship is modern and not committed....but they really seem to like each other. We were holding a previous little newborn cousin....and this girl wants a baby with him....and I have no idea how willing he might ever be.

In contrast the man I married loves children, has a big family, and welcomes the possibility of more.

The fruit of holding biblical values is very sweet.

The best way to promote this life is to live it.

I remember a quote though.

"The Christian ideal has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found difficult and left untried."

Please don't just try faith. "Do karate so so you gets quashed like a grape."

You cannot just try to believe.
To please God you must believe He is, and rewards those who seek Him.

Polygyny is just another expression of faith in what God ordained....and patriarchy.

Back to the original topic, I have a few thoughts:

First, as much as patriarchy is triggering to some, the idea of men being in charge is still mainstream enough in the church that it can be discussed and fleshed out. On the other hand, polygyny is virtually a non-existent topic of discussion and so is harder to rationally talk about. When I talk to people about 2nd Amendment gun rights, I don't start with trying to convince them I should be able to buy hand grenades at Walmart. ...

I'm good what that concept. And this comes close (except I wouldn't put it at number 4...)
4) Hope in Yeshua, and the Law - Now, you do have one final issue that really complicates the entire thing - and that is what is the nature of the Torah and old testament writings. Obviously, if the old testament can be tossed off into a faith driven world where morality is overwhelmingly rhetorical in nature - then who knows what could happen? However if we could engender a reasonable respect for the original scriptures...
I have said this before, because it's really the Bottom Line. ("Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter...")
If He "did away with" His own Torah, then whoever-that-was could NOT be the Real Messiah. And if His "Law" (bad translation, of course, it's REALLY His Instruction, 'torah') HAS been 'done away with' by some so-called "Church" - it's NOT His, and those who accept that lie really can't argue that the same 'church' can't redefine marriage as "monogamy only", or two tranny guys and a pet lizard. Welcome to Callin'-Evil-Good World, where "lawlessness abounds!"

So I focus on Matthew 5:17-19 for starters. Do we believe Him, or the "lies we have inherited from our fathers?" (Jer. 16:19)

If so, then NOTHING He Wrote for us in Genuine Print -- not one jot or tittle -- has been changed, much less 'done away with' in the LEAST. Or, the question arises, just Who is the "Liar, and the Truth not in him." (I John 2:4)

Start there. Do we want to follow the "Way, the Truth, and the Life," or what men say he SHOULD'VE said, if only He was as smart as they think they are?

And the Truth about marriage follows. But, "if the Foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do?"

I'm good what that concept. And this comes close (except I wouldn't put it at number 4...)

I have said this before, because it's really the Bottom Line. ("Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter...")
If He "did away with" His own Torah, then whoever-that-was could NOT be the Real Messiah. And if His "Law" (bad translation, of course, it's REALLY His Instruction, 'torah') HAS been 'done away with' by some so-called "Church" - it's NOT His, and those who accept that lie really can't argue that the same 'church' can't redefine marriage as "monogamy only", or two tranny guys and a pet lizard. Welcome to Callin'-Evil-Good World, where "lawlessness abounds!"

So I focus on Matthew 5:17-19 for starters. Do we believe Him, or the "lies we have inherited from our fathers?" (Jer. 16:19)

If so, then NOTHING He Wrote for us in Genuine Print -- not one jot or tittle -- has been changed, much less 'done away with' in the LEAST. Or, the question arises, just Who is the "Liar, and the Truth not in him." (I John 2:4)

Start there. Do we want to follow the "Way, the Truth, and the Life," or what men say he SHOULD'VE said, if only He was as smart as they think they are?

And the Truth about marriage follows. But, "if the Foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do?"

I really appreciate your respect for the Torah and thank you for the strategy - if people would just read his words more regularly they would find their way to the tremendous respect that exists for the Torah. I put this as 4 almost as an note - something that shouldn't have to be said but needs to be said due to blind spots in peoples belief system.

It is definitely a fundamental issue, and the longer I read the scriptures the more I find myself gravitating towards obedience of the Torah - but this is admittingly a complicated subject. We know that Yeshua embodied that obedience to the Torah in the Spirit of Love. He obeyed perfectly and was therefore loving perfectly. Lest my righteousness surpass that of the pharisees....there shall be no inherence.....Love is the glue that holds the law together. These pharisees seem to have been able to twist the Torah in ways that broke the loving nature of it and therefore it became a yoke to them. A similar outcome has occurred in modern times, except in the idea of tossing off the Torah as that yoke rather than seeing it as the tool to understand Love that it is (and thus modern marriage makes men feel trapped under something unloving often). I think both groups missed seeing the Torah for its loving nature. This is where polygyny was lost, imo. It's the baby that got tossed out with the bathtub and now everyone is wondering why things are so dirty and there aren't many children left. We need the bathtub back, with clean water (Torah).

PS> I actually put this link up elsewhere today, but this thread popped up in my browser and I realized that sometimes taking a much broader look at the BIGGER PICTURE - of which His Truth concerning polygyny is but a part of the whole - is a better approach to the topic of this thread.

Hopefully, Case in Point:

Back