• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

How do YOU pray for your family?

HisSilver

Female
Hi, ladies. I am looking for a bit of input.

Usually I sleep well. Sometimes, I am unexplainably awake in the night: not from anxiety (though that does occasionally happen), but just wakeful. When I was a girl, my mother told me that meant God wanted me to pray about something or for someone.

So, that has been my practice. If I am awake in the night, I pray for my husband, for my children, etc. But those prayers tend to go down the same paths, and are not necessarily what it's most important to pray for.

So I thought I would ask you all: how should we pray for our husbands? Are there certain scriptures you pray? How do you pray for your SW? For your children? For your parents?

All input gratefully accepted. :)

I first off began by asking God to forgive me of all my sins. I feel that if I don't do that and clear myself then my prayer is meaningless. That is me though. I pray for the protection of Israel. I then start with my husband and pray that God dispatches His guardian angels around him and covers him with His precious Blood. Next is me then I go down the line with my children and grandchildren, my parents, family member, friends. I also pray that He dispatches His angels around and inside my home and then I apply in faith His precious Blood over my doors and home. When I can, I read psalm 91 and pray that no weapon or assignments are formed against my family. That is how I pray.

Back