• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

How Likeable Are You?

It's a part of the diagnosis, but just one piece of the puzzle.

24. But a lot of those questions I relate to as an introvert. Library vs party? No brainer, I'd rather read a book than talk with people any day. Is introvertedness a sign of heading towards ASD?
That's my point! I'm as extroverted as they get....in smaller situations. Put me in a large group and I feel lost. I can speak at a podium to hundreds of people, and not be nervous, because I control the communication. I can be quite entertaining as a "solo act" but feel like a fish out of water otherwise.

Am I still in denial?o_O

AQ score: no comment
It obvious which questions will give a higher or lower score by the way they're asked and the pattern they follow....did I give away my score?

Well, yeah, if you want to game the system you can make it say whatever you want. More fun to just try to be honest and self-aware and see what happens.

But in the opposite direction for we men, doesn't that border on sociopathy? Being "too cool and comfortable" is a politician thing, and most of them are borderline sociopaths, and obvious narcissists.

That's why I like blind test. If i don't know what there for it adds suspense and I don't game the system.

Im also a product of a school system that stresses teaching how to take a test over critical thinking.

I took it answering being honest with myself and got a 26.

I took it answering being honest with myself and got a 26.
I took it again, trying to be as honest as possible. In all honesty, some questions related to childhood, and that's been a while back, so hard to remember.:(

I got....26. So I guess I'm borderline weird, not plainly weird. (Just a joke folks)

I read some of the comments for the site. I enjoyed this most, because I relate to it (except the religion part).

I don’t think people understand Asperger’s too well. What I find particularly annoying is that these questions are tailored to identify people who aren’t superficial. What do I mean by that? Well, essentially you’re looking for non-conformist behavior where people don’t blindly trust society and its frameworks. They question it. “What is this? How does it work?” That doesn’t make someone have an autism disorder. It makes them smart. They are perceptive, they have a strong intuition. They can decompose things. For example, often people are having conversations with ulterior motives. Like for example, let’s take a date. If we are particular attracted to the other person we want them to have a favorable perception of us, so we say and do things to encourage this. We are trying to get the other person to have a particular cognition of us which may or may not be accurate. A person who can see this is not necessarily autistic.

It would say the litmus test for Autism and Asperger’s is where the person is unaware of their behavior but has all the symptoms. Either unaware of partially unaware. If you’re aware of your own cognition and can change however you want, you probably don’t have a disorder. In fact, you are probably very intelligent.

One thing to keep in mind is that all human constructs including society, religion and everything else were us attributing purpose to things where there really is no purpose. Now you might say that these things have meaning because of tradition and the value of the evolution of societies, but just because a person’s thought patterns don’t conform to the collective, doesn’t mean anything is wrong with them. In fact, you would not have great authors, artists, filmmakers and probably scientists thinking outside of the box if you disallowed this entirely.

Food for thought. Cheers!

But in the opposite direction for we men, doesn't that border on sociopathy? Being "too cool and comfortable" is a politician thing, and most of them are borderline sociopaths, and obvious narcissists.

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

And one might see the appeal of poly to a man who has an expanded sense of what he's entitled to while not really understanding or caring how he harms others.

If logic is a machine, empathy is a garden. If anything is to grow, some gears are going to have to be permanently removed from their spot. You feel it the first time you give money to a homeless man when you know he's gonna buy booze with it. Logic demands you quantify him and buy him a sandwich instead. Empathy doesn't care and wants you to help the wretched man the way he wants to be helped.

If logic is a machine, empathy is a garden.
Sweet. Nicely put.

You feel it the first time you give money to a homeless man when you know he's gonna buy booze with it. Logic demands you quantify him and buy him a sandwich instead. Empathy doesn't care and wants you to help the wretched man the way he wants to be helped.
You just helped me see something. We did street ministry in Houston from '96 to '98, and at one point had 12 homeless people living in our house. Most of what we were doing back then was a gleeful, almost irresponsible (okay, totally irresponsible by worldly standards) reliance on the leading of the spirit of God, and I was in so far over my head that only the spirit of God was going to get us through that in one piece.

The thing is, I remember noticing how many Christians/churchgoers out on the streets were there to provide a service or publish a message that they thought was important, regardless of the outcome of their presence out there. (It's like if they were totally rejected it was some kind of badge....) We were focused on people, and we listened to stories and then went and asked God what we were supposed to do (we really didn't have anything else to offer except a place to crash). And we saw God do some amazing things in a way only He could do.

So where I said above that I think I've learned about people as I've gotten older, I have to say now that whatever I've learned about people has been the grace of God, so He gets all the glory.

When I lived in San Antonio there was a homeless man who sat under the 410 and Nacodoches under pass everyday. He had his card board sign and id always see people handing him food from their window. One day I read his sign and it was diffrent. It said why lie I need a beer. So I bought him one. I appreciated the honesty. He ended up being a Disabled Veteran who had some issues. My wife ended up getting enough info from him to tell the HUDVASH program and the helped him into his own place and he sobered up and started working with my Aunt for awhile. Sometimes you just need to by some one a beer.

Last edited:
That's what I'm talking about. You listen, you learn, you act. Well done!

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

And one might see the appeal of poly to a man who has an expanded sense of what he's entitled to while not really understanding or caring how he harms others.

If logic is a machine, empathy is a garden. If anything is to grow, some gears are going to have to be permanently removed from their spot. You feel it the first time you give money to a homeless man when you know he's gonna buy booze with it. Logic demands you quantify him and buy him a sandwich instead. Empathy doesn't care and wants you to help the wretched man the way he wants to be helped.
I go with logic and buy the sandwich every time. Asberger's, lack of empathy, or lack of Holy Spirit?

For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office: So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another. Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith; Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching; Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.

That's what I'm talking about. You listen, you learn, you act. Well done!
Id like to take credit for it but it was all my wife. She did most of the talking and the next time I went into the VA regional office she talked to a counciler about him and got things set up for him. I did learn a valuable lesson though and it's changed how I interact with people.

Last edited:
21 for me. However, since they didn't indicate if the social situations involved meeting with e.g. the local LBGT lobby group or a group of likeminded Christian people, my answers may be a little skewed.
Can I get an amen???

Sometimes you just need to by some one a beer.

6Give strong drink to him who is perishing,
And wine to him whose life is bitter.

7Let him drink and forget his poverty
And remember his trouble no more

I go with logic and buy the sandwich every time. Asberger's, lack of empathy, or lack of Holy Spirit?

As long as it's exactly what you would want to be done for you, you're in the clear.

I'll play. Dead average (for men) at 17. I expected higher; I think as I've gotten older I've finally figured out some things about people that I just didn't get when I was younger. Being with three women and twelve children I think it counts as a survival skill....

I think I missed the obvious implication here. Polygamy is a natural remedy for autism. Who knew?

Back