• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

How the Tax Exempt Church Keeps People in Bondage

Earth_is-

Male
People tend to obey whom they fear. The tax exempt churches like to cherry pick verses to focus that God is Love. They push this “love” “love” “love” agenda, and ignore the many other characteristics of the Most High.

But then they may lead you to fear their own church. Because if you go against their teachings you risk getting kicked out. You risk the community gossiping about you. You risk being an outcast. You risk even the church putting a curse on you - which is something the Roman Catholic Church will do. And they will make examples of people to prevent such rebellions. Keeps people coming back for their 10% tithe. If the Mormon church has billions in assets - the Catholic Church probably is in the trillion category.

So these tax exempt churches don’t do a great job of putting the fear of King Jesus Christ into their congregation. This is why I think so many people don’t fear or respect his Word. Otherwise, why would so many people gladly twist the scriptures to their own destruction? If they respect, fear, and love YAH with all their heart, soul, mind, and strength would they do such a thing?

What does the scripture say?

Psalm 2:11
Serve YAH with fear, and rejoice with trembling.

Psalm 119:120
My flesh trembles in awe of You; I stand in fear of Your judgments.

Proverbs 9:10
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.

Proverbs 10:27
The fear of the LORD prolongs days: but the years of the wicked shall be shortened.

Matthew 10:28
Don’t be afraid of those who want to kill your body; they cannot touch your soul. Fear only God, who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

Hosea 13:16
The people of Samaria must bear the consequences of their guilt because they rebelled against their God. They will be killed by an invading army, their little ones dashed to death against the ground, their pregnant women ripped open by swords.

Hebrews 10:26-27
Dear Friends, if we deliberately continue sinning after we have received knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice that will cover these sins. 27 There is only the terrible expectation of God’s judgment and the raging fire that will consume his enemies.

Revelation 20:15
And anyone whose name was not found recorded in the Book of Life was thrown into the lake of fire.

Matthew 25:41
Then He will say to those on His left, ‘Depart from Me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

Revelation 3:6
Since you are lukewarm and neither hot nor cold, I am going to spit you out of my mouth.

I don’t know about you guys - but I would rather this whole world hates me, and being an outcast then join Satan and his followers in the lake of fire.

John 15:19
The world would love you as one of its own if you belonged to it, but you are no longer part of the world. I chose you to come out of the world, so it hates you.

Praise King Jesus.

Last edited:
God is a just judge,
And God is angry with the wicked every day
(Psalm 7:11).
People tend to obey whom they fear.
An oracle within my heart concerning the transgression of the wicked:
There is no fear of God before his eyes.
For he flatters himself in his own eyes,
When he finds out his iniquity and when he hates.
The words of his mouth are wickedness and deceit;
He has ceased to be wise and to do good.
He devises wickedness on his bed;
He sets himself in a way that is not good;
He does not abhor evil
(Psalm 36:1-4).

God is angry with the wicked and the wicked don't fear God. Wicked people are in supermarkets, banks, sports stadiums, hardware stores and yes, even sitting in the pews in religious buildings. Each one of those places, and everywhere else in this world, is our mission field. Take the truth of God's Word with you everywhere you go and sow the seeds of Truth liberally. May God bless you with a great harvest. Shalom

It's not tax exempt status that keeps Church in bondage, but false narrative about Romans 13. We must obey government in practically everything which become obeying in absolutely everything. It's obedience out of habit, although money does ease pastors conscience.

In medieval europe and before church wasn't so submissive. Medieval Europe lacked government (states didn't exist then) and Roman government was seen as illegimite and church itself was very pacifist.

In fact, in Christendom Church was strongest defender of peace and private property. Why they aren't not now? Sometimes ago narrative about Romans 13 must have changed to command obedience.

And your second paragraf also isn't good. This is basic freedom of association which exist because we own our bodies. Group of people has right to have company with only those who are similar. You have perfect right to form associatiom of Christian doctors and thrown out any wiccan, muslim, plumber, carpenter and doctors doings abortions.

Full power of freedom of association is precisely in throwing people out. It keeps associations on tasks why it was founded and, most importantly, keeps bad people out. There is reason why such freedom always dissapers in tyranny. You must keep informers in.

Only theological problem is when such "exclusive" church proclaims itself exclusive arbiter of truth and becomes obstacle to spiritual growth.

John 9:19-23

19They asked them, “Is this your son? Was he born blind? If so, how can he now see?”

20His parents replied, “We know this is our son and that he was born blind, 21 but we don’t know how he can see or who healed him. Ask him. He is old enough to speak for himself.” 22 His parents said this because they were afraid of the Jewish leaders, who had announced that anyone saying Jesus was the Messiah would be expelled from the synagogue. 23 That’s why they said, “He is old enough. Ask him.”

Nothing new under the sun today. Just repackaged a little bit in different flavors.

Last edited:
I think in that story - the blind son that couldn’t see believed in Lord Jesus, and was healed/saved/reborn. But his parents that could see were lost in darkness.
I think that it’s much more likely that they become true believers after seeing their son receive his eyesight.
Remember that they had already stepped out from under the control of the religious authorities when they brought him to Yeshua.

Back