• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

How To Buy A Wife

Doc

Real Person
Interesting, funny and thought-provoking article:http://www.rodcollins.com/wordpress/how-to-buy-a-wife-the-wife-market

wife-market.jpg

"The vagaries of finding a wife have been well and truly mulled over here but I have discovered a simple solution.
A trip to Bulgaria and The Wife Market !

It makes absolute sense really, sound commerce in fact. After all, what is business and commerce - just putting two parties together, one who has something to sell and the other that wants to buy it.

Here we have a Gypsy woman trying to sell her daughter to marriage, I’m not sure whether her appearance alongside her offspring is perhaps the best selling strategy - if it’s in the cat it’s in the kitten springs most readily to mind !

I’m not sure whether the emancipation of women is virulent in Bulgaria, if so this strikes me as a setback if not then hardly a step forward ! That said, we have to be practical, things exist to be used !
Being a free market economy one naturally wonders what is involved in the way of expense. The article I read suggested wives cost ‘a few thousand euros’ to buy - this brings about a couple of questions:

If you buy one can you trade her in for a younger model in a few years ? If so, is the depreciation considerable as with motor cars :)

Secondly, and continuing the motoring analogy, presumably different models command different prices. Are there optional extras available, do they come with warranties or money back guarantees if your not satisfied with your purchase - can you have a test drive before you buy :)

The natural progression from this is to wonder whether there is a Husband Market ?
If so, perhaps I could go there and offer myself for sale - it could provide welcome relief during the credit crunch.
I’m not sure how much I could market myself for as I do have a few miles on the clock and I’m well and truly passed my best :(
There is also the worry about being the only one left unsold at such an event - are there perhaps drastic price reductions late in the day
Everything must go - we’re taking nothing home !"

Back